Badges

We don’t need no stinking Badges!  (sorry could not resist) But, I have always enjoyed this site for the lack of counts and tally’s Not a complaint. There are far more deserving contributors of this site who have given their best to us all, you know who you are! All I know is that they must be tolerant of usYanks. This site has been a major help in extending my life for almost three years now, for that I am grateful.

I’m quite proud of my 1000 comments badge. Last time I got a badge was in the army for markmanship. And cheers Whalen! You’ll live to 110 at least.

It is a proud achievement. I just spent some time parsing the list of accomplishments garnered by many of those here, and I am quite sure they are all deserving. Some five year badges make me feel like just a pup. And that is one hell of a lot of good, bad, and ugly snuff eh? But I guess that is the point of it all really.

What are Badges and points??? I just earned one ( my first, and 7 points!!!)Sorry for my ignorance, I have only been a member 4 a week and have not become familiarized with all it’s features so there is probably athread that explains it but if you wanna paraphrase it would be appreciated!!!

Yeah I havent been on much but I have apparently missed a lot! What is with the points?

they’re new and I’am hopeing you can trade them for bottle caps. Though I think it’s just for stats and braging rights and to encourage participation. It’s like the site saying thanks for having so much to say.

Chris says if you guys think its too silly, we will drop it. Give it a few days and see what opinions develop. I’m neutral, but so far there seem to be more positve comments than negative ones. We also have the ability to create badges, so there is potential for other things. The points are simply a value system for the various badges.

Obviously the points will earn you something free and wonderful. I never liked points systems on forums but I guess they are popular.

Oh jeez, thanks for the email with a badge for my first comment. :smiley:

A bit like a gold star for good behaviour.

I like it. Is there a badge page?

email notifications is all automatic. You can tweak your own personal settings to email you or not every time I do something like write @juni. Check on your profile (click your own name). I think there is a badge page, but only viewable to the mods, you can click on the badges themselves for a bit of info. just doing something like saying @juxtaposer gets you the name-dropping badge

Thank you,  @Xander

odd, that didn’t work

Keep it, it’s fun, we don’t have to take it too seriously - but as the proud owner of a four year and 2500 comments badge I would say that I suppose:)

Got a 4 year badge when I logged in today…wow didn’t realize I had been here 4 years already.

You should get the black books avatar badge.

The mods might need to come up with some custom badges, maybe for reviews or something.  What are your thoughts @Xander?

badges? points? I’m still trying to figure out the changes that took place when snuffhouse suddenly started to look like a “myface” account.

Nice to see I have a 4 year badge.  Thanks snuffhouse!

Woof, this place is far from MySpace.  I’m sure there are add-ons that could make it like that if you would like.

I do like the idea of clicking the abuse button every time cstokes4 posts! I know he has abused a rather obscene amount of Grand Cairo! I personally am taking no abuse for my love of Fubar though.