Quitters Support.

I’ve been doing pretty much the same as you theatre. Been keeping the nic levels up with Viking dark during the day at work and alternating in the evening. I try to keep myself dosed up by routinely taking a pinch and have had no desire to smoke for the past few days. I know the next pub session will hit hardest but I’ve told myself I’ll take a couple nice cigars with me and if it gets the better of me then I’ll smoke those. That way I won’t wake up with the urge to light up and a few marly reds left in my jeans

Even though I am still new to this hobby, I went from a pack a day to none in about a week and a half.  I have been using a combo of E-cigarette (low dose nicotine) and W.E. Garrett Scotch Sweet.  Now I find that I reach for the snuff more often than the E-cig!  I hope I can keep it up but as @Bloodnativ said, “If you fall off the wagon…just get back on…”

There are a few occasions that I’m just not willing to give up a cig. After sex, after a particularly great meal, and when I get hurt. Nothing makes me want a cigarette more than getting hit in the crotch. It keeps me from hurting whoever did it if it was accidental.

I don’t go along with the idea that you can never have another smoke, you just need to learn to get such a large part of your tobacco habit in the form of snuff, then the remaining cigarettes are a pleasure not pure habit. Looking back on being a smoker and I can see that I actually enjoyed about three cigarettes a day. Three cigarettes a day are more than I choose to smoke nowadays, but letting myself out of jail at infrequent intervals has kept me off full time smoking. We have all been taught to look at this in black and white terms and that is too simple a way of reckoning it. In my opinion and what have you. The real trick is working out that snuff really can be a big - or even complete - way of getting the fix, but it does take a good couple of weeks of getting used to it, as a staple. You have to get the nicotine and alkaloids in sufficient quantity to feel how much it can help, and that means big pinches regularly, all day every day until the brain re-wires. I think a lot of people dabble but don’t see what it can do because of the simple fact of not taking enough. Cover the triggers (possibly exempting sex unless your partner doesn’t mind), don’t run out and don’t feel any guilt if you fail.

I couldn’t agree more with Snuffster.  I tried to quit smoking cigs for good over and over again and always broke down.  Once I had had one, there was no stopping me from smoking full time again.  Since I have taken up snuff I rarely crave a cigarette.  I do still have a cigarette or two every now and then and I find them to be more worlds more enjoyable than I did when I was a regular smoker.  But the next day I just get back to my snuffs which I enjoy even more than cigarettes and which I find I crave far more than I ever crave a cigarette anymore.  Don’t beat yourself up over having a cigarette, just don’t lose sight of the goal.

Harlequin snuff is better after sex then a cig especialy if there was heavy foreplay.

I had a couple of cigarettes since I quit and I found those were quite disgusting. Smell wise there is nothing attractive in cigarette smoke. IMO cigarettes are the Burger King of tobacco, and snuff is like a nice restaurant.

I guess I am lucky but now I just see cigarette smoking as a very pathetic way of consuming tobacco. 

I agree

@bob but sometimes my forplay requires a cigarette, or at least something suitably burning hot ^.~ also though, I actually like the smell of certain cigarettes. Especially Camel (my prefered brand) or anything by Djarum, which makes clove cigarettes.

I think your missing the important details.

If cigarettes were the Burger King of tobacco, snuff wouldn’t even be a restaurant :))

Sorry, I got the point, I’m just very easily distracted and thrown off track.

Been off the cigs a month this sunday coming thanks to snuff. Tried every sort of NRT going more than once. Quit with snuff after my 3rd attempt so it can be done. The hardest thing that i found was the actions of smoking a ciggy.

I chewed for about 2 weeks waiting for my snuff.  I broke down and had a pack of marlboro black… thankfully they really suck. My last cigarette was a single one I had the day before my orders arrived. I have no desire to smoke again.

I do however have a lewd desire to try every snuff known to man… this is an addiction in its own right. I didn’t anticipate it being this way. Cigarettes were either good or bad to me. Snuffs are like degrees of like to love. 

I think that’s just a part of the TAD we all seem to suffer from here…and it’s no coincidence since one would have to have TAD to join a forum just for tobacco anyway. Lol

It took me about two weeks to get over the act of smoking part of kicking cigs. During the first week I had the occasional mini Colt cigarillo. I have been cigarette-free for almost two year now. I smoke a pipe or cigar on very rare occasions, but smoking a cigarette seems foriegn to me. I smoked a pack a day. I snuff like madman, though :slight_smile: Good luck!

Well, it took a gram of QSnuff and a portion of Skoal SNUS, but I finally got a nic buzz.  I also did not have my mid-morning smoke.  I think it’s a good tradeoff.

Which qsnuff you have? I have the apricot and the menthol is pretty nice.  Its what I use when my smeller is plugged.

I have Ice Cool, Apricot, and Sandalwood.  I love all of them.  They are just so damn easy to take.  The Ice Cool is the kind of thing I can jam in my nose all day.

I figured it was going to suck based on the cheap packaging of the 10g plastic tub, although hard to close sometimes, its a decent snuff, and the easiest to take of all the snuffs I have although I have adapted to where I can take all of my toasts without issue. Id recommend it as a beginners snuff.