McChrystal's O&G

I tried a tom buck and o&g mix, and it was darn good. Thanks for the tip @snuffster !

Glad you liked it!

Oooh, I might have to try this…

Just add a very small amount, maybe around 1 in 10 parts. This works well with any strongly flavoured snuff to a plain one, another variant I like is Royal George with a plain snuff, just adds a nice background flavour.

1 part o&g to 10 parts tom buck? Sorry I’m confused now. Or did you mean 1 to 10 parts for adding menthol crystals?

looks like he’s talking about 1 part O&G to 10 parts Buck there Moose

Yep, 1 part menthol snuff in 10 parts SP, I was just trying to put a figure on it, in practice I just add a couple of big pinches to a snuff box.

I’m a big fan of the O&G. I’ve had it put away for awhile and I’ve been hitting up the Wilson’s Super Menthol…I guess that makes the O&G seem less menthol-y when I go back to it. I’m a menthol fan either way, but O&G is my go-to guy.

I love to back up my Bruton with a hit of O&G.

Alright, thanks for clearing that up! Gonna have to try this mixture Edit : It was excellent by the way!

yeah sp and menthol is awesome. Makes it kind of sweeter and more citrusy but in a really unique unnatural way.

I like to use Hedges as a mixer, the stuffs so strong the smallest amount will add menthol to a mix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC-SdKuPhJw

I’ve never been that fussed by o&g myself. Much prefer hedges,wilson and dholakia sparrow.

I’ve heard good things about Hedges. Gotta add that one to the list too. Edit : Snuffster, I whipped up a video for your mix! Take a look? :stuck_out_tongue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2R\_4BJxgl0

I’ll go against the crowd and say that O&G isn’t outstanding. Just another mentholated snuff. Much prefer GH CM. I really liked Sturco as well but I think its only available in bulk and the minor tins. Of course, if my morning doesn’t start the L260 way, its not a fit day. I’m not saying its bad, because its not, its just over-hyped.

I think people like it because its really only a moderate menthol dose. Most other English medicateds have much more menthol. ^^Sturco has to be one of the most viscous. I much prefer the flavor of JIP to O&G, but the menthol in that one is pretty hefty too, though its good in small doses Most of Wilsons have too much as well, and they have even less menthol than many. GH CM is a good one for sure. Actually, the Toque ones don’t have over the top enough menthol but there are not many varieties, and I would think they would do a few more. A Camphor-Menthol Toque or even a straight camphor Toque would be interesting to see.

I too would love to see a CM toque, with the M on the moderate side. I love O&G but also use GH CM and SG Zip. I tend to only really appreciate a Hedges style blast when I have a cold.

Yep, 1 part menthol snuff in 10 parts SP, I was just trying to put a figure on it, in practice I just add a couple of big pinches to a snuff box.

I’ll try this with Tom Buck when my next large tin arrives. My mix will be 10 pinches of tom buck, and 1 each of O&G and hedges L260.

GH CM is just as good.