Kanna nuff said

excately. I know some of the things on the site are legaL to ingest. Though if some stupid person eats too much of almost anything it may coincide with their stupidity in a tragic way. Like the people that fall out of buildings after eating mushrooms. No one reports when they just fall out of buildings on their own. :slight_smile:

I know that overdosing certain things can be dangerous, it’s just odd to find something like that on their site. I mean, even water can be deadly if you drink too much, but shopkeepers won’t tell you that they will only sell mineral water to you if you water plants with it or study the content. The reason why they wrote this in my opinion is because it’s the perfect defense. If someone complains about the product after overdosing it, they can just say “Hey, what are you doing? We clearly stated that we are only selling those for research purposes.”

As a recovered alcoholic who’s worked with drunks for 25 yrs, I am always amazed and amused when folks get exercised over things like this or pot or kava or even tobacco or whatever. Talk to any emergency room Doc and see what he thinks is the most destructive drug (legal and the most widely used). Or families or friends or employers or drunks themselves. Until they re-introduce prohibition, I’m not willing to listen to any pontification on the part of the authorities about this or any other “drug” the people might care to ingest. Tom is just “cya” because we have such a puritanical and litigious society, is my guess.

As dangerous as alcohol may be, this is a snuffer forum. So even though alcohol is more dangerous, you will more likely see us discussing the dangers of snuff, tobacco, or anything related to it.

No problem with that. I wasn’t getting on a soap box about alcohol per se but just trying to illuminate the question on the legality or not of mild stimulants and the general attitude to them in the society as a whole.

@wildwilliam, as another recovered alcoholic, I have to agree with you. It seems as some of us are more prone to addiction than others. I know that I am. Another thing which I’ve pick up about Kanna is that there are clear warnings for people who use blood pressure medication and/or anti-depressants to stay away from it. I’m not preaching against alcohol or Kanna. All I’m saying is that some of us should be careful. Check out Sceletium.org

Pieter, thanks for the link. Is certainly sounds like an intriguing product. Very interesting to read about its use by the medical community. I wonder how long before Big Pharma manages to get it banned.

I’m probably going to drop a few notes on some of that stuff myself. That and since it comes from Tom, I am sold there already. I definitely agree with wildwilliam on the poison thing, I do enjoy a few glasses of Cutty Sark, and the occasional stout myself, but I have seen more than enough family members slowly poision themselves to death than to do it regularly. They go out of their way to keep you from smoking the wonder weed, but push alcohol like it is a necessary compnent to a happy life. Grrr. LOL a Bakdoor "A “bong is for tobacco? all these years I thought…” Apparently I was confused on that issue too. Really excited to try this Kanna…sounds like it will be an interesting experience if nothing else…not that I have the slightest intent of consuming it in any way. I am purely an ethnobotanical researcher.

Kanna verifiable reduce the craving for nicotine and withdrawal symptoms considerably… its somehow tobacco related.

Well if someone gets this, please report your research conclusions.

Reminds me of an old joke I used to tell. When people would ask me if I ever experiemented with drugs. I would answer that “when I was younger I used to experiement with drugs, but that recently the cost of lab monkeys has gone through the roof”.

1 Like

I have officially been using Toms Kanna (sceletium tortuosum) for 2 days now. I do not understand why people would use this as an attempt to get “high”. I bought this in an attempt to hopefully replace some of my anxiety meds, and so far so good. IMO this is a fast acting SSRi which of course would make you feel happy and talkative…that’s what SSRI are supposed to do. I have not experienced anything the OP claims. But I have gotten the medicinal qualities I was seeking. Edited- ANYTHING I SAY HERE IS MY OPINION

How are you taking it, Iggy? As snuff,or tea or…?

@Xander- snuff so far and boy does it tastes horrible! Maybe I should give the tea method a go. I’m thinking I need to buy some empty gel caps.

Site is down… just when I was ready to order :frowning:

Working on it. Sorry. Tom

We are back. Thank you for your patience. Tom

Cool!

@iggy - Your opinion is it’s a fast acting ssri?!?! Are you a doctor? Be careful what you say because it could have a huge impact on anothers life. Someone could stop their medications thinking this kanna would server as a substitute and end up in dire concequences. I’ve been taking medications of that nature for many years and have explored the alternatives. Even if it was an ssri as you claim the concentrations from leaf to leaf and plant to plant vary so much that theraputically it’s is unreliable. People if you are on an ssri do not take this product without first talking to your doctor.

rdunnion said: “People if you are on an ssri do not take this product without first talking to your doctor.” I most certainly agree. SSRI contraindications: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_serotonin_reuptake_inhibitor#Contraindications_and_drug_interactionMAOIs’ interactions are even more infamous: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monoamine_oxidase_inhibitor#InteractionsHonestly, I really wonder about this thread. It’s not about tobacco. What’s next – speed discussion?