6 Photo and rust

A few weeks or so ago I got a nice order in from Mr Snuff. I’m just getting around to opening the 6 Photo Special, and I’m a bit worried. There’s small amounts of rust along the outside of the can and even a small bit it seems on top of the foil. When I look at the snuff it is black and moist of course but it seems there are tiny bits of it that sparkle…if that makes sense. Could it be the same as the tiny sparkling salt crystals that can sometimes be seen in dip? I’ll post pictures later when I have the time. I want to know if this snuff is safe to use.

wouldn’t bother me, but I eat food I’ve dropped on the floor, lol. 5 second rule… I don’t think a small amount of rust, if that’s what you are seeking would hurt you, only thing I avoid is mold, that can be toxic.

Don’t worry, those “stars in snuff” are just menthol crystals. :wink:

or salt

or even sugar

yes tobacco does have sugars in it.

A few weeks or so ago I got a nice order in from Mr Snuff. I’m just getting around to opening the 6 Photo Special, and I’m a bit worried. There’s small amounts of rust along the outside of the can and even a small bit it seems on top of the foil. When I look at the snuff it is black and moist of course but it seems there are tiny bits of it that sparkle…if that makes sense. Could it be the same as the tiny sparkling salt crystals that can sometimes be seen in dip? I’ll post pictures later when I have the time. I want to know if this snuff is safe to use.

I’m sorry to note this. Can you please post the picture of the tin.What is the month of packing mentioned on the bottom of the tin?