Snuffing and Driving

How do you do it? If I’m in the snuffing groove I’m hitting it hard every few minutes. I can’t do that while driving - I’ll be pulling over every few minutes and will surely attract some unwanted attention. How do you snuff and drive?

Snuff box in steering hand, pinch with other hand, bring to nose and sniff. Eyes on the road at all times.

I have a Mr. Snuff snuff box coming so the proper equipment is on the way. I’ve tried a bullet with poor results. Nobody was harmed or anything but it was not “comfortable”. Thanks @Slide

I have these small vials that I unscrew, put my finger over the hole and tip it upside down. I then put the vial up to my nose at at a 90 degree angle and sniff slowly. It works pretty good and can be done with one hand without looking.I also pinch out of a snuff box sometimes too.

I can pop the lid to my snuff box with one hand, place the box on my lap, pinch away and keep my eyes on the road. I’m not all that coordinated, so if I can do it, anyone can. I hate getting caught in traffic, but love seeing the looks I get from the people in the car next to me. You can tell they’re wondering, “What is that insane old man sticking up his nose?” :))

The box car method work fine for me

@basement_shaman This might be a dumb question. What’s the box car method?

@Faust Take a look at snuffsniffers avatar http://snuffhouse.org/profile/4181/SnuffSniffer you make a pocket to pour the snuff into rest your nose with nostril over top of snuff, sniff with appropriate force. depending on the grind and moisture content This will make no sense if & when he changes his avatar.

Ohhhhhh…OK. I’ve done that before, just never knew there was a name for it. Thanks basement_shaman.

When you pinch while driving ,it looks like your picking your nose to on lookers. With the box car method looks like your statisfying an itchy nose. And no crumbs on your fingers

I don’t do box car but I have a car box. Like a table top box that is secured and in reach allowing a one handed operation.

I usually just pinch at stop lights or signs, but sometimes I do what @Slide described.

I like the Idea of a secured snuff box ,I spilled a number of things in transit, tobacco being most often. I may had no car accidents but I had tobacco accidents.

On the expressway I steer with my knees for a couple of seconds while I open my box then I pinch between my middle finger and thumb. In town I just pinch at stoplights.

Just make sure the windows are up or you might not be able to keep yours eyes on the road, especially with scotches and toasts. Don’t ask how I know this!

God bless traffic lights…

I snuff liberally in the auto and could care less what others think about it!

I don’t do box car but I have a car box. Like a table top box that is secured and in reach allowing a one handed operation.

*-:slight_smile: That just gave me an idea. I have one of those portable ash trays kicking around from my smoking days. It fits into the cup holder in the van and is about the size of a travel mug. I could make something to cover the top, perhaps cut a disc of plastic and glue it on. Then I could cover the covering in velcro and affix velcro to the bottom of a few smash boxes. Place the velcro’d smash boxes on the top of the modified ash tray and voila. When I reach my destination, just tear off the smash boxes and go. This is a timely topic for me - we just got our first snow so I’ll have to pay a bit more attention to the road.

I use a turn tin and the boxcar method while driving pretty easily.

I usually pinch when I’m on straightaways. I have a small screw top tin that I keep in the car, open tin while holding it in steering hand, pinch with the other and sniff. The tin sits great inside my ashtray, and I tried leaving it open, but I’m afraid if I take a sharp corner the tin will fly out of the ashtray. I might have to try @crullers idea.