In the Habit: A History of Catholicism and Tobacco

http://www.catholicworldreport.com/Item/1762/in\_the\_habit\_a\_history\_of\_catholicism\_and\_tobacco.aspx

Very interesting read. Thanks for posting this.

Boo Yah!

I wanted to write something identical for my website, but combining Catholicism and Judaism in one text. Although the Catholic World Report have made a very good job on that one religion. I don’t know if there’s anything more to add… maybe besides the fact of tobacco cultivation and snuff making in monasteries in the XVIII century [though I only know about Kowno (Lithuana) and Częstochowa (Poland)].

1 Like

Certainly alot to like in that article… I personally like the first blurb under the last section Jesuit Snuff

Thank You @MrSnuff As a noob snuffer and proudly practicing catholic, I really enjoyed the history lesson. The article was well written and hilarious! Good to know that in the communion of saints there are those who enjoy a good snort.

As a Traditional Latin Mass goer, and singer of Chant myself, I can say that it really does work wonders. This reminds me of another wonderful Catholic quote by St. Arnold. “From the sweat of Man and the Grace of God, Beer came into the world.”

1 Like

very interesting!

As a Traditional Latin Mass goer, and singer of Chant myself, I can say that it really does work wonders. This reminds me of another wonderful Catholic quote by St. Arnold. “From the sweat of Man and the Grace of God, Beer came into the world.”

Wow that quote actualy makes beer sound pretty gross. Not the grace of god part though.