Dragun menthol

Now this is a hard snuff for me to review. It’s a great snuff but the greatiness lies in the tobacco and the interaction it has with the very mild menthol. Firstily the menthol is light and just a hint very in the background and causes no worry of rebound. The thing is menthol in such low levels acts very much like a moderate level of salt in food. In essence what I’am saying is instead of really being much of a scent it sharpens and brings out the elements of the tobacco. The tobacco scent despite not seeming to be a blend of tobaccos takes on a complexity that seems more like a blend. The thing the scent reminds me of is the most are virgina pipe blends with a decent level of dark cavandish. Something like the dunhill blend with the rooster. Though it’s important to note that it reminds me of that blend in the fact it’s got a sweetness but not over the top and that it mixes similar elements. Of coure for the fans of hardcore nicotine the nicotine level is good which for me means I take smaller pinches. The grind is toast like and suprisingily easy to handle considering it’s dryness. The closest snuff to this one is the great dholakia sparrow blue. Same concept but very diffrent too. I hope that you try this one because it’s a revelation what menthol can do when applied with a deft touch. I also hope you try this because it would make me very happy if other manufactors made their own variations of this snuff (looking mainily at Wilsons, Toque, and Samual Gaiwith). Since they’d all be as diffrent as diffrent cigars. You owe it to yourselves to try this snuff just to see how menthol can really improve a snuff if not slathered on.

Wanted to add that this and the other dragun have become daily all day snuffs for me. They do not over stay their welcome.

When I tried this one yesterday it instantly reminded me of the rustica tobacco that I ordered from Toque. Am I wrong here?

When I tried this one yesterday it instantly reminded me of the rustica tobacco that I ordered from Toque. Am I wrong here?

Nope. Your right. It has a decent amount of rustica with a hint of lemon, chili, and menthol.

I like Firedrac best out of the series. It seems to be minty rather than menthol, with the mint just slightly more prominent, but still really very subtle. I usually can’t abide menthol snuffs, but Abraxas knows how to do them well.

Firedrac goes into my next order then. Thank you for your kind replies.