Old Dutch Snuff Mill Video

This is probably on here, somewhere, but I couldn’t find it… neat old footage of the windmill in action a few decades ago, and the forming of karotten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep4nFSUXCDk

actualy I think this is new to us.We did have a similar more modern video however. Thanks good find.

35 sec, thats right, just stick your hand in front that 2,000lb, moving stone wheel.

is that jaaps place

hey, did he just sneeze in my snuff! jaaaaaaaap couldn’t tell if that was jaap’s place. seems right as far as the distance between the two mills. somewhere I have a nice color postcard from jaap, I’ll have to compare

That’s Jaaps place indeed. Who was the owner of the mills at that time - the city of Rotterdam? @snuffmiller

@ Filek and others. Yes indeed this picture is made in the fourties in the mills of Kralingen. The persons you see are Mr. Bukman and Mina den Outer (mostly named Mien of the mills) they operated the mills from about 1895 till the late fourties early fifties of the former century. Untill 1916 the mills were owned by the family Hioolen and after that the mills ware annexed by the city of Rotterdam. The city needed the surroundings to put the earth which came out of the new dug harbours. This was also the beginning of the Kralingse forrest, which takes away a great deal of the wind we need. For some more information see: www.snuifmolens.nl Jaap Bes.

This is a cool old video to watch if you haven’t seen it

Oh wow, I hadn’t seen that one yet, thanks for posting the find!

Yes, very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Nice video. I lived for a while in Kralingen-Crooswijk, Rotterdam. I didn’t snuff then - if I did I would have definitely visited.