MrSnuff V4.0

I have some good news. It has been a while coming with a LOT of back end development, but the new MrSnuff.com is almost ready.

If you feel like taking a sneak peek and putting the new site through its paces, you can see it here: www.mistersnuff.com

Please note, you can’t actually buy anything. Apart from that pretty much all the functionality is intact and ready to go. If you have a membership on www.mrsnuff.com, you should be able to sign in and see all previous purchases etc on the new www.mistersnuff.com. If not, please let us know.

If you have any comments or suggestions; find any bugs or issues; or want to give Pat a pat on the back for his stellar work, please drop us a message via the contact us page (it goes directly to him).

Any input good or bad is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

It looks good - familiar but “newer”. One thing I did notice is that Chrome shows “This page has insecure content”. Perhaps this is because the site is just a preview?

I never like change, when I navigate threw a store and they change it’s location. But change is unavoidable I will survive.

The red hi light area makes me hungry then I see pictures of foods, fruits, mints, coffee,drinks, toast, and flowers some I have no idea what it means. a lions head = Africa so the snuff scent is that of a lions cage at the zoo?

I can see how pictures can identify with the snuff but your not on the same page with descriptions. one of my favorites SG Black coffee the picture is of herbs in a mortar I think rosemary with some leafs from a citrus tree a half of a lemon and a amber Boston bottle,Some sort of oil. I take it this is the international picture for scented snuff? Wilsons Irish coffee a picture of a mug of coffee? Viking the picture of the tin same with other brands.

I do like all sizes of the snuff your looking at are listed .But where are the reviews? this is what sells me on wanting to try .

I haven’t looked over the entire site but I never thought it needed fixing in the first place

The site looks great! I like how the type of snuff has one listing and you can select the size tin you want from that listing. I also love the new ability to enlarge pictures, however it seems a lot of pics wont load when I click to enlarge. I also use Chrome and have the same issue with insecure content, but I imagine these kinks will be smoothed out once the site is fully operational… Top notch! 

Looks very nice. Familiar, yet better.

I personally think that the 'text-shadow" property is over-used. In small text sizes it just makes the text look smudged or blurred.

Will there be a “wishlist” feature?

Very Nice.  The use of drop down box’s with further box’s saves customer bandwidth by getting you where you want to go without opening multiple pages and of course works your server less.  Smart!

Its pretty

I like it. But I am pretty easy to please.

I agree with Scurvy regarding being able to see the various sizes available for a certain snuff on one page. I like the drop downs as well.

Pretty much any site, which list snuffs for sale, makes me happy.

Splendid, nice clean look about it and easy to use. I’m sold.

Agree with all the positive comments. My one complaint is more generic than specific to your site. I hate, despise, drop down menus that are activated by hovering over them rather than clicking on them. I go to a page and often it is half-blocked on my small screen by a dropdown my pointer ran across inadvertently. Just annoying actually…

Yea, what @Mr. O said.

Looks Neater, Polished and shiny…a very good makeover, great functionality, “Top Job” cant wait until it goes live 

Any idea when this will go live?

Can’t wait 'til I can place a real order here and test it out in a couple af months. Yes it would be good to have some sort of back order function, maybe to split an order and send the stuff in stock, then send another when most of the other wanted items show up at your warehouse or however it’s done…(did I think that right? My brain’s tired…)

Nice site but I noticed that some prices are different than the original site, is it on purpose ? I mean that’s the new prices ?

It looks like F&T 25g tins are $6 (up $1.03) on the original site. Is this a permanent mark-up?

When does the new site become operational?

The MrSnuff.com site has some interesting articles about “tobacco replacement and harm reduction.” it seems the US govt also acknowledges this. You have to get thru the propaganda, but there it is: Nevertheless, nicotine replacement therapy is used in helping people to stop smoking, because it spares them the many other harmful contents of tobacco smoke—for example, the carcinogenic polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and N-nitroso compounds; irritant substances such as acrolein; benzene; formaldehyde; ammonia; acetone; acetic acid, and carbon monoxide.3. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1079499/ Please understand that I’m not saying the National Institutes of Health are any more an authority about tobacco use and snuff than my goldfish…but I rather like the articles on the MrSnuff website. “I suggest we should set aside the prejudices generated by the ill-effects of tobacco smoking and examine the leaves systematically for substances of therapeutic value.” Part of the conclusion in the article. Well done MrSnuff.