Leather Snuffbox

At the end of the last year, I won an auction on a snuffbox made of leather. It is sized 13cm x 10cm (about 5 inches x 4 inches), which is relatively big according to my opinion.The front shows some hunters in a tavern saying goodbye to the waitress. It is said to be from around 1900, which is unproven. Nevertheless it looks and smells old, but still in a good shape. It is worn but without cracks or something similar. The small leather bag consists of two parts. The lower one has a paper inlay and the upper one is putted over the lower one. The seams look pretty strong and I could imagine that the leather might preserve the snuff quite well even if it is not airtight. Taking snuff out of this leather bag is not easy, but I will try to use it for some time. We will see how handy this thing is. At least it looks good and has this aura of an old thing, if you know what I mean. [Image_33] [Image_35] Edit: I forgot to mention, that I paid around 20€ for this item.

I am afraid I don’t know more than I have written above, but I guess it is from Germany. To get some more information I contacted the seller. Maybe she knows some details. I should have done this earlier anyway. Edit: The seller couldn’t give me more information about the snuff bag. She guessed it might be from Lower Bavaria, but she doesn’t know it for sure.