Abraxas Cerise Connoisseur

★★★★

My take on the Abraxas Cerise Connoisseur. This review will be posted on my blog later.

Another excellent snuff from Abraxas, the Cerise Connoisseur was the third to be released. Like the Abraxas Club, it is dark, very coarse, moist and rich in flavour. Fresh from the 15g glass jar it needed some airing to reduce the expected ammonia but that is never a problem. One whiff of that smell tells me a snuff is as fresh as it gets so all is well. Like the other Abraxas snuffs this one is also described as a premium sort and the price reflects that. Even at that price this is a wonderful snuff, positively decadent in its depth of flavour.

The initial scent blast is of cherries of course, as the name proclaims. In fact leaving a jar open nicely scents the entire room! But the flavour is not just of cherries. It’s more of a cherry brandy with the alcoholic liqueur adding an extra dimension to the overall experience. There is also something else lurking in the recesses of this blend, something somewhat bitter-sweet which I can’t quite place. I’m sure as time goes on with this snuff I’ll find more flavours just waiting to be discovered.

The only drawback for me, once again, as with the Club and Dragun snuffs from Abraxas, is that the very coarse grind tends to make me sneeze a lot and once again, that’s my only reason for only giving this excellent snuff four stars rather than five.

After several years  of reading about this snuff, I finally have tried it. It is as good as I would expect from Abraxas. Full flavored, but with a lot of depth. I’m not sure of the individual components, but overall it is simply a great snuff, and one to be enjoyed. I must confess, artisan snuffs are not my mainstay, due to the cost. But I am glad I purchased this from Mr. S. It was a “buy two, get the third for free”. Now I have a small cache for the times I want something luxurious.

I am a huge fan of the fire cured Cerise.  Genius.  Matching the fruit to fire cured, deeply smoked tobacco.  Love it.

Hey, I not blowing smoke up nigel’s kilt .When I say, Well done; master of the leaf! =D> =D> =D> 

Why save for a rainy day.Buy some, use it up . Repete. Life short 8-X

I’m using one of the three jars I have. Two are in the fridge for later. I really am liking it a lot. The grind is prefect in my opinion. I think I’ll have a couple spoons right now.

I love the smell, but I pretty much wrote this one off because of the grind.  It has this presence that I always have to blow out before long.  If it’s perfect for someone else however, I figure it must be worth more investigation.  

++Cerise Fire Cured, buy the large tin!