Mr. Snuff Please Consider

Adding a hold service to your shop. I pretty much have to get my snuff by about 2 or 3 big orders each year. So I don’t want to be missing some of the snuffs because of that. I think as long as people cant use a hold to buy too much of anything in particular, it would be nice!

Funny, I was just thinking this last night since my order has to once again be postponed due to a forgotten bill. Of course there would have to be a limit on it. However you could just wait untill everything you want is back in stock.

Waiting until everything I want to be back in stock is why I only order  twice a year, last was London brown, about 4 months. I blame high shipping rates more than anything.

While I agree I would like such a feature, think of the nightmare for Dave. I think it’s highly difficult and would result in Dave losing sales. That said, if he decides to do it, I’m in. :slight_smile:

I don’t like the idea much. Unless there is some way to guarntee you actualy buy everything you hold.

I think it would be better if he had some sort of back-ordering system where you can buy a product that is out of stock when you make your big order and than when it is back in stock it gets shipped out to you and after a certain amount of time you can choose to either keep it backordered or get a refund if it takes too long to come back in stock.

Now that is a suggestion. That would be great.

Yeah I agree. I don’t think it would be fair when I couldn’t get something that’s in Mr. Snuff’s warehouse because someone else might buy it in 6 months. I do agree with @n9inchnails though. Maybe some system where you could pay for something to be shipped out when Mr. Snuff gets it.

I like the back-order suggestion. There are some I would gladly prepay to make sure I got it.

and that would also probably help defray cost too because demand would be slightly clearer. Just my thoughts on the subject though. Considering I’ve never run a successfull bussiness (or unsuccessfull for that matter).

I wouldn’t mind putting in an order of snuff that is on order and getting charged for it when it comes in and having it all shipped out at once.  Even with the delay in the six photo stuff that happened last year, I would have loved to be able to place that advanced order.  It could be a logistical nightmare in the warehouse though.

True that would have to be a book keeping nightmare. The good thing is he gives us a heads up here when out of stock items are coming in.

I almost always have a little tobacco money put away so I don’t miss the fleeting opportunities…

I was very happy with my first order from mr snuff. I’m not too fussed about it, if something is out of stock it gives me the opportunity to try something I wouldn’t have picked otherwise. If I’m desperate I’ll shop around.

I don’t mean to be a complainer, just an issue that I wouldn’t have if I was ordering all the time. However, it gets to the point where you try to get one thing, while you’re waiting for another, then by the time the second gets stocked the first dissappears. In the past when I had less knowledge of what I’d like, it was easier to go with the flow. Now I have regulars to my rotation that I want to get every time, and a lot of specifics that I really want to try as well. I’m not complaining about the service, I really like Mr. Snuff! This would just make things quite a bit easier for people like me.

Oh, and I don’t want to create a monster in the warehouse, but if it wouldn’t be a total disaster, you know, I’m just sayin’

I have wanted to get then lost interest on many snuffs due to the one of them out of stock syndrome. Nothing licks the acquisition disorder better for me than having a choice run out while waiting for another to be in. I don’t really care so much because I already have snuff that I should use first anyway. So I just lose interest. There will always be new snuffs to chase around with a hole in your pocket. ALWAYS!

point taken, but still… Just had one in my cart dissappear while waiting for another to get stocked, and waiting to make a deposit in my check card account… kinda bummed… but I’ll live

My point is that Mr. Snuff is not making the sale and that it would be in HIS best interest to set up some kind of system like you are suggesting as a solution.

Yeah, and I like to support his business.

I refer snuffing folks to his company, and he will continue to get my business.

I really appreciate the suggestions/feedback.

The problem as you have discussed is implementing things in such a way that errors are not made. I understand completely the frustration of things running out while waiting for another. trust me it is a nightmare from this side too. Manufacturer delivery times (from date of my order) range from 3 days to several months, with the time being variable. For example SG sometimes takes 2 weeks and at other times have taken as long as three months. It makes it very difficult to plan ahead. Customs doesn’t help with international shipments.

Back order sounds the easier of the two, but when I start to think about it I can see difficulties. it would be fine back ordering something like Wilsons (which we effectively do with the bulk), but others like say Dholakia would be impractical. As things stand if we turn on true back ordering (Wilsons is manually implemented) then it is all products or no products. There may be some sort of module we can bolt on, I’ll take a look.

Meanwhile my goal is to stock up enough of a buffer of everything so that I never drop below a minimum that will tide me over to the next delivery based on, or rather dependent on, predicted sales and estimated delivery times. That has to be balanced with keeping those snuffs that have shorter shelf lives fresh. Fortunately most snuffs last a long time (I have some Wilsons and F&T from the 80s and a Navy from the 40s; all are still good). Also it takes a lot of cash. We have somewhere in the region of 1600 SKUs so keeping up with all that doesn’t leave me much time to play on snuffhouse, which is what i would rather be doing :wink:

That goal combined with the new automatic emailing system we have implemented at the product level should help a lot. I am not sure if you are all aware of this function, but at the product description level, bottom right of the page there is a “Notify Me” button. If it is out of stock and then comes back into stock you are automatically advised. If it runs out again though you have to repeat. The system will only ever send you one email per product you sign up for.

We are designing a MrSnuff V4.0. It will be a couple of months but you will see significant differences in the navigation layout. The idea is to make it more intuitive and easier to drill down to the products you might want. If you have anything to stick on the wishlist, let me know.

Hope that helps.

Dave

Thank’s dave! I definitely wouldn’t want to pester you when something is just too impractical. There are definitely some I hope for, many of which would be some of the S. Gawiths in the 25g tins. So speaking of wishlists, is there (haven’t noticed one) or could there, be a function to highlight products which one, for one reason or the other, cannot include with one’s current order, but want to remember and making that compatible with the back in stock notification. I think that would be the best way to go, unless or until it becomes practical to do a hold/back order service. Also if I was to contact you, should I just email your cs? Thank’s for listening.