Stuff in my snuff

So i tapped out a bit of doppelt-fermentiert and found what looks like a paint chip. Its a good thing that i crumbled up the little clump on the back of my hand first or else it wouldve gone right up the nose. I also found a 13 mm long stem in my tin of toque peppermint. Does anybody else find these kinds of things in their snuff? should I contact the producers?

I found what looked like a piece of a burnt match stick in my sun snuff sher. I just picked it out, and kept on snuffing.

I noticed sometimes small metal shavings in my f&t tins. It’s due to my fault I believe because I tighten it way too much to keep it fresh.

I found what looked like a small hair in a tin one time

Small hairs. The usually get stuck in my fingernails before I pinch, so I dunno if its in the snuff or my fingernail!

Don’t get me wrong- it hasn’t stopped me once!

I had a whopper,too, Roderick. I found this fellow in an EMPTY tin of snuff,( not Toque thank God)

That’s a healthy little bugger! Eat 'em! :slight_smile: btw- what’s a “whopper?” please save the Burger King and candy jokes lol

There are some old threads about this, I think you might also get some oxidised flavouring or salt or some contamination, rarely, from the factory stage.

I have heard about the white things in F&T tins before but cant remember what it was

probably chipped paint from the white tube. I can almost guarantee that’s what it is. Grab a knife and run it up alongside the tube. I bet the stuff that comes off is comparable to what you found! :wink: I had this too. Atleast this explains what MINE was. YMMV.

I still wonder what the thing in my Bernards was, since its a tap box and has no paint/metal in or on the tin

The FandT cans do this from time to time it seems.

My tin of F&T Old Paris has some strange little white particles in it lol. I’m wondering if its bits of paint, or something else…?

I think it’s the cap sealant, maybe melted and flaked off some. I had a can like that, I fished out all the pieces I could.

Or run a magnet over the giblets to draw them out. Old Paris was the only one I’ve had do that, if it’s any comfort, MM.

I had a tin of Santo Domingo that had white crap in it, I don’t think it was paint chips, it may have been cap sealant as tom502 suggested. I tried to pick them out but there was just so much of that white crap in there that I just dumped the tin in the trash.

:o

A magnet won’t pick up alloy from a F&T tube! I think this is an American thing, about stuff in stuff. I’m almost 70 years old and just snuff the lot. I’m still living, just LOL!

Is this a serious and common issue with the F&T? I’ve never bought any but plan on ordering a tin each of the Old Paris and Princess. Now I’m worried I will get unusable snuff.