What snuff did you buy in your local store?

For me it was 112.5 grams of wilsons sp100 12.5 grams of wilsons sm and a small tin of top mill. They do stock a few others as well and will order what you like although you have to buy quite a lot.

Our local guys only stock McC O&G, Taxi, Ntsu, Wilson’s Top Mill Menthol etc., all of them roughneck stuff except for the O&G.

Most shops here have nothing. One within walking distance has W.E. Garrett and Navy Sweet. One a little farther away has Tops Sweet, Carhart’s Choice, and Honey Bee. As I’m not keen on the sweet scotches, that gives me little choice. I can get about a dozen others, all scotches, if I go across town. Again its mostly sweets. Three Thistle Strong and Square Scotch are the only ones of those I’d get again. They have Superior, but only in large tubs. I’ve heard an “upscale” tobacconist has a few Pöschls, but I’m not interested in them. Its ones I’ve tried already and am not impressed with. I understand I have it better than most people in the US, which is a sorry state of affairs. I can get no English snuff at all, locally.

1 Like

None, but I am still hunting the local Indian grocerys for snuff.

A pocket tin of W.E. Garrett sweet. Not much available locally.

It’s such a shame that more stores dont stock snuff. I’m sure that if more news agents stocked snuff they would sell it. In my town we have one shop a small tobacconists that has a small selection of snuff. If that goes i’m doomed. Surly places that sell tobacco could manage to stock a few variaties of snuff.

One store in my area has a few Scotches left. I bought at least one of all he had. Two shops carry a few Poschl, but that’s it. If I visit my Mom down south the selection of Scotches improves a bit. I found one shop that used to carry a few Wilsons, but they stopped due to lack of sales.

It’s been a while, but locally I have bought Bruton, Honest, WE Garret(regular and sweet), Red Seal, and Carhart’s Choice, these are at the local Kroger grocery. At a cigar shop, I have bought Ozona Spearmint, Packards Club, Gletcher Prise, and at an Indian grocery I got Madras, SS Rose, Himalaya, and IPCO(if that counts).

In brick and mortar stores I have acquired: RR Mills plain Navy Sweet Sweet as a Peach Tube Rose Gawaith Apricot WOS Menthol Plus WOS SP2 Some floral one, name escapes me. and while traveling to Wilmington NC: Ozana President Ken

Just Scotches here. Square, RR Mills Sweet, Navy Sweet, Society and Tube Rose.

only two so far ozona president and poschl silverstone orange+ too bad they stopped making the last one i quite liked it …

I can get O&G, Hedges Sp100, Top Mill and Medicated No.99 in a shop about 1 mile from me. Stefan

Only six: Gletscher Prise, Poschls MIX, Ozona Spearmint, Ozona Cherry, Ozona Raspberry and Gawith Apricot. Luckily i can get them from any tobacco and alcohol shop. Only tobacco shops are very rare thing here.

We can get a good range of WoS and GH snuffs in a shop about 1/2 mile from here. A little further away can be found J&H Wilson’s snuffs in the small blue tins. I guess we’re lucky.

My local tobacconist carries many snuffs. I have purchase McChrystals and some Fribourg Treyer from there.

oh i forgot to mention Samuel Gawith Apricot which is anything but apricot to my nose but it kinda grew on me lately… @ bipolarbear1968 how did you liked the Society Scotch ? i was thinking to get some with my next order… Ra.

@ra- I thought the Society was pretty good. It doesn’t have any of the smokiness that other scotches have. The only aroma I can describe of this is honey/brownsugar, but it’s more complex than that. Cstokes turned me on to it, and glad he did.

Great another Scotch on the “to order list” that I haven’t found locally yet. Ken

What is strange is the fact that NON of my local tobacconists carry nasal snuff. I can only find these at the local Food Lion (lol)

@devillock: I found the large thrift cans of Society in Wilmington, at a Lowe’s food on College Rd, right across from UNCW.