Spearmint

Name some good spearmint snuffs to try. I have had Ozona. It is like candy and is a nice one a couple of times a day. I really like menthol so a good spearment/menthol is what i am looking for. Twice I misread McChrystal SUPERmint as being spearment in my excitement since O&G is my favorite all day snuff. Any suggestions on a new brand to try or maybe some mixing recipes I might like? Does anyone have the pull to suggest McChrystals blend up a spearment menthol?!? That would probably go down as my all time favorite if it were created. Also, how does McC Anisette compare to Poschl President? Thanks, Kevin

Currently using Skoal Spearment dip tobacco and just love this flavor. But, I am going to switch back to nasal and give my gums a break. Plus, nasal snuff is a good conversation starter with the laddies. Skoal, not so much…

Wilson’s Crumbs of Comfort is a great spearmint snuff

If you like spearmint, I would highly recommend some of the Wilsons of Sharrow varieties. Spearmint plus is really good and does have some menthol to it, but it’s not overwhelming. Crumbs of Comfort and Crumbs of Comfort Extra (my favorite) are also nice with a good base layer of spearmint in there somewhere. If I recall Prime Minister is also spearmint based. Anyway, if you want more specific write ups on snuff you are curious about, you should visit the snuffreview websitesnuff reviews

Wilsons has a large range of Spearmint snufs: Country Mint, Crumbs of Comfort, Extra Crumbs of Comfort, Spearmint Plus and Prime Minister. The last three have menthol. Gawith Hoggarth have a spearmint/peppermint blend called Wild Mint. If you think McChrystal’s can do one better, write and suggest it yourself. Ian McChrystal is personable and likes getting feedback. His address is on their website. McC Anisette is a water based, fine ground, English style anise flavored snuff. Pöschl Ozona President is oil based, course/moist, German style, menthol and eucalyptus flavored. So they are as different as rocks are to water. Of Anise flavored snuffs McC’s is probably the least sweet.

I just remembered Taxi Rock Spearmint. All the power of Taxi, with the added scent.

Thank you for the good suggestions! I actually have CoC coming in my next order and can’t wait to try it. Another side not, a while back I picked up a minor tin of McC highland ice. It had a good menthol but I believe it has camphor also. That one really made me feel unpleasant due to my reaction to the camphor. Of the suggestions made, would any of them contain camphor? Are there any other menthols I should avoid that may contain camphor as well?

I just finished off a little tin of McC supermint I had left over from last year, even though that is one of my least favorites that i will still try, and now I am totally ready for this order to get here! Can’t wait for my order so I can spit this dippin’ s**t and give my nose a treat! Thanks all of you, Kevin

Crumbs of Comfort is the standard imho.

Highland Ice has a strong eucalyptus note. I don’t remember any camphor, but sometimes its hard to tell. Many snuffs have camphor. First be sure that’s what the problem is. Wilson’s Camphor & Mild is just camphor, which makes experimentation possible. Then research the hundreds of snuffs listed on snuffreviews.com or top25snuff.com.

Wilsons of Sharrow have it covered. Prime Minister, Crumbs, Crumbs Extra, Country Mint. All excellent.

Actually, Country Mint is the best Spearmint snuff imho

Although I’ve only just tried these two myself, I prefer the Prime Minister over Crumbs of Comfort because it is less sweet and has some menthol in it.

I totally agree with you snort.

As sandy130674 said Wilsons of Sharrow have got it covered, but if you are looking for spearmint/menthol with one hell of a nic hit, try NTSU menthol (sometimes refered to as NTSU green). Why does it “taste” of spearmint? Havent got a clue. Best guess is its something to do with the South African menthol. Its an exceptionally coarse and damp snuff, almost impossible to sniff so is best shoved up the nose. The exact properties and how to take it can be found on the NTSU discussions.Best taken sitting down first time as the hic hit is something else! Love it or hate it, you will certainly remember the experience.

@ London Jack: try Taxi Rock!

Old post I know, but now I would add Toque USA Spearmint. Kind of like crumbs, but with no other scent, just spearmint. Fresh and clean on a smooth Toque base. Try it if you haven’t already.

You could spice up some snuff with ground spearmint (it is powerful). I take a little dried out pipe baccy and add dried spearmint & grind it in a blade coffee grinder. Love spearmint

Which selection has more of a natural spearmint scent? I found CoC to be too much like chewing gum. It’s not bad, just a little too much like Extra spearmint gum for me. I like @snuffysmiff’s idea of grinding some freshly dried mint into a mixture.

@Jim My guess would be Toque. Roderick never uses any sort of artificial flavouring.