How many use Copenhagen Snuff ?

just wondering, how many use copenhagen snuff ?

I used to, but while I love the taste of most dips, they dry out my throat and make me feel as if I’m about to vomit each time I spit within about five minutes. I still have the odd lip if I’ve got a big jug of sweet tea, but rarely use it any more.

I like their wintergreen from time to time

I prefer the Long Cut over the Snuff, as the Snuff cut is too fine, and I just can’t make it work. But the taste is great.

I’ve been thinking of trying it out. It is readily available where I live, unlike virtually everything else. I know of one place that sells Red Man, and when I ask for “chew” anywhere else, the clerk shows me dip. Tried Skoal Bandits once but I didn’t like them. I was young, though. Any thoughts on flavours?

I do , i prefer the Snuff over the Long Cut, always use it in the front , i cant control the pinch in the side like i do with long cut.

I’ve been buying a bunch of the $2 trial cans of the Long Cut Straight (similar to Skoal Long Cut Straight) and I like it, however I cannot stand the original Copenhagen flavor or snuff.

I was impressed with the Copenhagen Straight long cut, but overall, I prefer the Natural long cut flavor, of about any brand.

I’ve had few tins of Copenhagen Snuff, souvenirs from US, and used it like snus under the upper lip, it’s like Grov in my mind. Only difference is Grov feels and probably is, a cleaner product.

I used to use this stuff and really enjoyed it but then I started reading all sorts of horror stories about how its 10 times worse than smoking and causes pancreatic cancer at the drop of a hat. Anybody have any differing info? On the other hand, between pipe smoking, cigars and nasal snuff, perhaps I’m getting enough nicotine as it is? lol.

Well, you “get” pancreatic cancer from fizzy drinks and divorce and being black among all things, so don’t worry. There’re always “links” to everything in cancer studies but only proven link is between lung cancer and asbestos & cigarette smoking.

American dip is way less harmfull than smoking. Worst that’ll happen is you’ll lose your teeth.

Yeah definatly much safer then cigs. Cigs are the most dangerous type of tobacco and they don’t even taste like tobacco either. American dip is either 80 or 90 percent safer I forget which it is but it’s much safer then smoking cigs.

Not to change the subject too much (sorry). I believe even smoking a pipe is safer than cigarettes.

Common sense would agree, but what I was referring to is some document I read which I can not now put my hands on which averred that Cope and Skoal and such are very hard on the pancreas because of additives or manufacturing process or something. Nothing I can put my hands on, would be great if I’m wrong. And yeah, BP, pipe smoking is not without risks, for sure, but WAY better than ciggies.

yes chew can give you pancreatic cancer sure that is true. However not even the worst of the worst compares to the chances of smoking cigarettes giving you pancreatic cancer. So think about that fact. Where as chewing may give mouth cancer (which is actualy very debatable yet likely) the only other cancer it’s really known for is panacreatic cancer. Smoking cigs is more likely to give you panacretic cancer then chew and with smoking how many other ways will it kill you before you get a chance to get panacreatic cancer. I’d say stick to the safest if you’re worried but I really wouldn’t worry much about it. Oh and anything that says any form of tobacco will give you cancer quickly is full of shit! It takes years to get any cancer from tobacco many many years. I remember years ago I was told in health class that chew could give you mouth cancer in only a few years because some chewers died of mouth cancer very young yet they neglected to mention that the same percent of non users develop for seemingly no reason fatal mouth cancer very young. So just cause you have cancer doesn’t mean anything you did encouraged it unless a real patern is present (instead of an expectation and assumption). If you’re worried about cancer eat more green veggies, because not getting enough veggies is more likely to cause cancer in fact eating grilled meat regularly is way more likely to give you cancer then chewing tobacco is.

I don’t chew or do dip but I believe that any form of tobacco that doesn’t involve putting large amounts of artificially aged, chemically sprayed tobacco smoke into your lungs is safer than cigs.

Smoking is more highly related to mouth cancer, than oral smokeless tobacco.