Is Rajeks still in business?

I was going through by box, kind of organizing a few snuffs this evening. About 1 or so years ago ,(maybe a bit longer than that!) I placed an order with Rajek for some snuff that wasn’t available to me here in the States. As I recall, the shipping was really expensive and it took a bit, but the snuff was worth it,( especially the 100 gram packs of Poschl Schmalzler!). Just out of curiosity, I went to look them up tonight and it said the web site was not available. That, and not hearing folks speak of them makes me wonder if they are no more and I just haven’t heard? Maybe I missed the post–does anyone know?

just the other day the site was working, but I did email them twice with no reply here recently so I gave up. Dave and Im sure Tom will have the Poaschls here in the U.S real soon (maybe next week)!

I was just on their site yesterday evening. I just tried it now… doesn’t work. Maybe they are updating the site… at least I hope they are!

I hardly know anyone ordering from him, here in Germany, he´s just lousy in every regard. I just don´t think he´d give up so close to x-mas, as it´s the main business time of the year. Just a little patience, Mr. Snuff will stock all the stuff pretty soon.

I believe he has a storefront as well.

Ok, I ordered before I knew of Tom and Roderick. I suppose it won’t be long and much of the varieties will be available, as you say. I’m guessing the shipping wasn’t as bad within Europe? I remember I spent $100.00 and my wife sort of cracked :slight_smile: She is much more tolorable now that I no longer have the cost of smoking as well. I ordered one of those white glass Bernard Schmalzler bottles with the cork in the top, made special for one-handed trick snuffing when I made that order. Would be nice if one of the current suppliers carried these-they sure are handy! (Good to see you, Chris!)

I have ordered from him two or three times. The shipping is a killer, throw $25 out the window off the bat. Ouch! But I certainly do not regret it, I have my lovely Sternecker Schmalzlers from Rajek’s.

After making my humungous order with Rajeks this summer, I would probably pay double the shipping just to get those delicious schmalzlers again…well, if I ever run out my current stock. I’ll be glad when Tom and Dave get them, I just hope they continue to stock them cause it will be a while before I need to order any more schmalzler.

The shipping is the thing that keeps me from ordering almost anything from Germany. They charge you $25 for shipping, and they charge VAT on it, whether you’re in the EU or not. It bugs me, because plenty of stores outside Germany will remove VAT if you’re ordering from the US, or somewhere else.

Patience! If you take a closer look at the Sun Snuffs Pari at Nicotine Rush, you´d get the impression some additional german Snuffs aren´t that far away anymore… ;))

ummmm…I see it! :wink:

i forget the name of the language, but isnt ‘Rajek’ the name for Jack The Ripper on Rigel XII ??

@Wolfwood No, that was ‘Redjack’

ohhhhhhhhh. they said it so fast i gues sit sounded funny… i dont know, i think im going to have to look that up ah hah! found it. redjack aka Rejick ofcourse that is from a fan site im pretty sure. http://www.ericweisstein.com/fun/startrek/WolfInTheFold.html and it appears im wrong, it was actually rigel IV been a while since i went through and watched TOS forgive my ignorance :wink:

Patience! If you take a closer look at the Sun Snuffs Pari at Nicotine Rush, you´d get the impression some additional german Snuffs aren´t that far away anymore… ;)) WTF? Pari, Pariser what’s that doing there?

I’ve been buying from Rajek for several years. But no longer. Firstly, they ignored two requests for information. Secondly, they sent me less than a quarter of what I ordered, without notifying me. And although they reduced the postage, it still made it far too expensive. Thirdly, they ignored several complaints. Never again. Ted

they are closing down the 31.12.09 anyway. Familiy reasons they said.

How long have they been doing business, I wonder. Do you know, GB?

I wonder if they will have a big blow out sale?

they started selling estate-pipes in 2002. He will continue to do that. on estatepipes.de.