New way to flavor snuff?

I think I may have found a new way to custom flavor snuff. The pictures tell the process. Note, you will end up with a very wet snuff with this method, so you may want to dry it out after flavoring.

Good one! Do you think cheesecloth will work better than a paper towel? What liquid do you have in there? Coconut milk?

When I flavored my Toque Natural with lemon flowers, it got much moister. I dried it a bit, then flavored it again and dried it again, but its still moister than natural alone.

I thought about using cheesecloth, but since I didn’t have any I used the paper towel instead. Next time I’m at the store I plan to get some. The stuff in the picture is a bigger batch of my horseradish and ginger snuff. Horseradish, ginger and water mixed together.

sounds yummy :stuck_out_tongue:

That set up looks a little risky to me… Things are too tipsy around here.

@ Juxtaposer: are you on a ship? Or maybe it is you who is tipsy :wink:

No an island, and yes I had absinthe along with my Absinthe! My point was that one bump and your snuff will be wet, but any set up is better than none.

I’m going to try this with some Square, using Capt. Morgan rum. If that works, perhaps I’ll try it with Rooster and some Scotch Bonnet salsa…hahaaa.

I’ve turned a cup upside down in the container with the flavouring substance. I then stuck a saucer with some wonder gum to the bottom of the cup. Then I put my snuff in the saucer and covered the container with glad wrap. No risk involved and it works well.

@leman: I’ve a small amount of Dental Plain hooking up with some Capt. Morgan Spiced Rum , using your method, right now. I used Dental because, as I’m not yet sure of the results I’ll achieve, I didn’t want to jeopardize my small quantity of Square on hand. And the Dental, being very mild, will probably let the rum flavor stand out more. BTW, what are you flavoring your snuff with in the above pictures ? Looks like yogurt.

Quote from above: "The stuff in the picture is a bigger batch of my horseradish and ginger snuff. Horseradish, ginger and water mixed together. "

Acidophilus snuff! That sounds good! Is that even possible? Any chemists here?

Horseradish and ginger ! That’ seems MASOCHISTIC, to me. I’ll bet your using Rooster as the base, hey ?

It’s actually not nearly as bad as you would think it would be. The flavor comes through quite well, but the burn is non-existent. Next on my list is garlic and tabasco :slight_smile: should be interesting.

My brief experiment using Dental Mild and Capt. Morgan Spiced Rum seems to have worked. I bought an airline-sized single-shot vial of Capt. Morgan, poured half of it it into a small plastic storage container (drank the remainer…I owed it to myself) ) and, using an old handkerchief, suspended about a half-teaspoon of the snuff above the rum using the snap-on container cap to keep it in place. With the majority of the hankerchief hanging over the outside of the container, it looked very religious: “Domine, non sum dignus”. My curiosity got the best of my patience by Saturday noon, and so I ended the process, allowed the snuff to dry out in a open smash box far a few hours and took a sniff. I can smell a now richer rum-flavor flavor in the Dental.

Ok, I have been curious about flavoring some snuff myself. I checked some other threads on this as well. The method I see here, liquid flavor in a container, with a papertowel of snuff hanging above the liquid, with a lid over it all. I also saw another method of liquid flavor in a container with a smaller container of snuff sitting in the liquid of the bigger container, with a lid on the bigger container encapsulating it all. Which works best I wonder? And would 3 days be enough to flavor? I was thinking of doing coffee for one, and whisky for another. I also read a totally different method of spicing up some snuff with cinnimon, 1/8 tsp to 1 tblsp. I may try that too. I have this Madras Snuff that I am not a fan of, but it is a plain tobacco snuff, and I have 50g of it, so I think it would be a good base tobacco. I’m just wondering, about the 2 liquid methods above, what’t the least time they’d need to sit for a still good flavoring?

It really just depends on what you’re using to flavor and how it absorbs into the snuff. Since there is no harm done to the snuff by opening the container, I recommend testing the snuff every few days until you get what you’re looking for. I have done a couple flavors that took a couple days, and some that took 10 days to 2 weeks. As for your coffee snuff, I have found it works best to just place your snuff with a handful of coffee beans, in a sealed container or plastic baggy and let it sit.

Well leman I just got my levi in the mail, and it seemed a little dusty smelling… So i went to the store and bought me an orange, peeled it, then put it in an airtight jar, then put my levi in it, seeled it and keep spinning it… So far seems to taking away the weird smells i was getting… So i guess i will find out what 24 hrs will do!!!