Gletcherprise

I enjoy a nice menthol from time to time. So I was rather anxious to try the Gletcherprise. My first few experience with it, though, have not been very pleasant. I’m getting a strong “wet dog” smell from this snuff. Has anyone else experienced this? I’ll hang onto it and give it an occasional try, but I am not impressed initially. I really wanted to enjoy it, too, based on reviews.

Wet dog?Hmmm,get a new pack… Well,when do you experience it? I get a wired smell after about 5g in an evening,than in the morning there is a wierd smell,than a helluva blowing nose. :smiley:

I love GLETSCHER PRISE, no dog in my tin!!! I’ve been enjoying this snuff now for more than 6 months and I always order at least 2 tins at a time. Never wanna be without it. I think you must give it some time, maybe the dog will dry down or leave. LOL BTW, I’ve just opened a tin of Ozona Raspberry that was in the freezer for 4 months…fresh as the morning dew. The sealing tape does not leave the sticky residue like the WoS ones do. WoS should invest in some proper tape, I think. Cheers Pieter

I’m definitely not giving up on this snuff. Especially with raving reviews from folks like Pieter. I’ll give it some time. On a side note, I got some Toque Blueberry Menthol with the Gletcherprise. And the Toque is superb–really nice blueberry up front with just a bit of menthol. Very enjoyable snuff that I’m going through much too quickly.

The Wood, I’ve not tried the Blueberry Menthol but I have Raspberry Menthol…WOW, this is GOOD stuff. At this moment I have some McChrystals O&O up my nose…lovely. lxsklir, Gawith Apricot is one of my firm favourites, a funny snuff, not much in it but I never wanna be without it!! That’s the beauty of snuff, I don’t have to explain why I like something, I just like it. Period.

I get the feeling from what i’ve read on this forum that gletscherprise may just be more readily available than other snuffs. People have written that they go to a tobacco shop and GP is the only snuff available. If it’s #1, that’s probably why. It’s also very newbie friendly, imo.

i get a burnt hair after taste from all of the menthols i have tried so far some worse than others maybe it’s just a per indivdual type of thing but thats my two cents. (i still enjoy some menthol here and there regardless though) aslo toque blueberry is the ultimate flavor in my opinion but then again i’ve only tried about 11 flavors so far…