F&T Bordeaux ...what a difference.

Bordeaux has always been very soapy to me. I would take little pinches and keep it in the front of my nose. I would enjoy it for it’s complexity, and use it maybe once a week. Today, It was only snuff in my pocket when I got to work. (rare!) So I figured let’s take a good pinch off the back of my hand, down my coffee and get to it. What a difference when you take large pinches and give it a good sniff. I got it right up there!! Instead of that complex perfume ,soap effect I was getting lemon rind, violets, orange peel. A whole citrus and floral spectrum I’ve never had before. And I’ve been using this stuff for the better part of a year. I am now very interested in trying other F&T snuffs. Still, I can’t get over that soapy drip. Oh well.

nightcap, what you experienced is just what I find, some snuff has to be taken differently. I have a few bullets, that I hardly ever use now, as some times it isn’t the same snuff.

Bordeaux is probably my favorite blend from F&T. To me it tastes like potpourri, with a bit of spiciness to it. I haven’t had too many of their snuffs, but I plan to get a few more in the near future.

If you like oranges, Seville is supreme. Their HDT is a classic toast, one of the true greats in toast-land. And I’m really enjoying my Princes but I like coarse & moist snuffs like KB so ymmv. I have their Old Paris and I don’t get much out of it although letting it sit in one of Patrick Collins’ famous boxes has improved it some. I’ll try Princes Special next and check this forum for other people’s recommendations.