Membership applications

How to deal with membership applications? I granted membership to Poo-Diddy as he is one of the oldest members of Snuffhouse. If new requests come up, I would suppose to grant them memberships. Once we finished the planning and decided on charging fees or not, we should let decide the members themselves to stay or leave. Would this be okay for you?

Thank You Alex and everybody else involved for granting my memborship. Like I said though, the only thing I can probably contribute is snuff reviews, and I would be glad to do so also. Also I would just like to let you guys who are putting all the work in to make this happen, that I am glad to pay the memborship fee once that side of things is ironed out. I am excited that something like this is possibly going to be established and look forward most to the odd vision I have of one day attending an anual snuff takers convention, where we would all get together somehere to enjoy each others company while partaking in our great hobby…

Just a note for the new members: Only ISTA-Members can see posts in the category “ISTA for members” like this one. Welcome!

It’s all up to you. @alwaysbeclosing had the initial idea. The rest has to be sorted out I guess.

Glad to see some renewed interest in this, it is definitely something I would like to be a part of, fee or not.

As Roderick suggests, we need to start thinking about the formal structure of the ISTA and its aims and objectives. For most clubs and associations this means a constitution, committee and roles like president, chair, secretary etc. I think without a structure of some sort the ISTA could easily be just a more exclusive bit of this forum - which is fine if thats what folks want of course. But as Roderick also touches on, a more formal group can also benefit the members. Just some thoughts, I’m not trying to push it either way. Roderick, I love the idea of the old trade association coming back. Ive still got a dog eared ‘all about snuff and snuff taking’ published by them, with an introduction by the delightfully named ‘Vivien.S.Rose’! I used to see him in Smiths in the early 80’s. He really should have been stuffed and kept in the shop as he was the perfect ideal of a snuff shop owner. Hope it works out.