Best Service - Great Selection - Always Low Prices
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

American Dry SnuffsSnuv: Herbal Range

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Classic Tin-Same Great Taste

Best all day snuffs?

Looking for some new recommendations on good all day snuffs before I make my next order.

Comments

• SHbickelSHbickel Member
    edited September 25 PM
    Probably the only snuff I can shovel in my face without 1) getting sick of it and 2) hurting my schnoz is Toque Quit. Lovely snuff.

I definitely can imbibe (and enjoy) a dry, plain toast all day, but sometimes my nose gets grumpy.  F&T High Dry Toast, Toque Natural Toast, and WoS No. 22 are my three.

If you're one to enjoy SPs, Tom Buck is my pick. Alas, I get pretty snuffed up if SPs are all I take.
  • I have good luck with toasts- usually HDT or Whiskey and Honey USA.  Lately I've fallen in love with Thor's Hammer which makes my nose pretty gross after a few pinches.
  • For me it is dry old Paris and rustica 3:1 can’t be beat for driving to and from work.
  • volungevolunge Member
    edited September 30 PM
    For something simple, plain and not too strong, I would recommend Neffa Ifrikia. If you are lucky to get it fresh, expect medium moisture, medium grind and ust a whiff of ammonia. Dried out (often a case, and not a bad thing, when it comes to this particular snuff), it turns a tad finer and a wee bit more potent. It's rustica snuff, but nicotine content isn't very high, merely 1%. If you cannot find Neffa for a reasonable price, WoS Viking Blonde is probably the closest alternative (made from tabacum, tho).

If you prefer something stronger and like plain dark tobacco of medium easy-to-take grind with higher moisture and a sharp burn, go for Samuel Gawith Silky Dark (ex SG Viking Dark / Snuffstore Black Magic). It's one of the strongest British snuffs. Be warned, it's quite a dripper! Might be right up your alley, tho.

NTSU Black is even coarser, moister and stronger. Plain, dark.

Now if you crave for extra strong, give Janta Dragon Madras a whirl. Grind and texture-wise it's similar to other Madras-type snuffs (plain, roasted, greased with ghee), but head and shoulder above most of them in nicotine dept. Honestly, I can't think of anything stronger on the market.
  • Toque Whisky & Honey-not the USA- is all day for me. Just wonderful.
  • Usually plain and strong for me too, Dragon Madras, HDT and Toque Quit. I have recently got into Viking Blonde, which is another amazing all day snuff. Although I will change it up now and then, usually a menthol first thing in the morning, Bernard Jubilaums is excellent and then for a bit of a change Toque Lime Toast.
  • HuysmansHuysmans Member
    edited October 2 PM
    Grand Cairo, HDT, Old Paris, Tom Buck and Gold Label are all snuffs I can enjoy without pause all day. Also enjoy the Janta Dragon Madras but it's strength limits the amount of times I can use it on a average day.
  • I find Viking Blonde or Viking Brown good all day toasts. Toque Natural Toast works well also. 
  • Hmmm... I'm not too sure on this question you know peeps....  :-?

My GOAT snuff was the sadly lamented SG's London Brown :(( I think probably either SWS Aged Border Rapee of M&W Black Rapee probably. I haven't tried the Viking Dark Rappee yet; anyone have any thoughts on that? Rotation is the key I think, I love toasts but I do find a course dark rapee does mean a clear nose without any messing about. 
  • I like to bring one of my toasts or plain snuffs to work with me. They have the best hit for nic relief and I can't stand the drips of flavoured snuffs. I don't always have a chance to blow my nose good or spit either. When I get home is when I dip into my others.
  • This has got me craving Viking Thors Hammer which I don't currently own. I used to love this stuff as an all day snuff. 
  • horus92horus92 Member
    edited October 21 PM
    My bread-and-butter snuff is 41 Photo White Elephant, though there does not seem to be a massive difference between the different Indian whites and I wouldn't lose any sleep if I had to switch to another brand.

1.) It's very strong
    2.) It's clean - a couple of blows clears the nose, unlike other snuffs. Even scotches and toasts I have to blow my nose a lot more
    3.) It's pale so if you're caucasian it doesn't make your face so messy
    4.) It has a neutral but pleasant, natural scent
    5.) It doesn't clog your nose whatsoever and, if anything, opens your nasal passages quite a bit

The only downside is that the nic is so high that it can make me a little jittery, overstimulated, even anxious if I take too much.

To take it I use the "suppressed yawn" method: don't inhale at all but close your throat and drop your jaw slowly like you're hiding a yawn, this gives the right amount of vacuum. I usually take it off my thumbnail.
  • I'm a big fan of WE, but I don't use it outside of the home after someone casually mentioned I smelled like fish food once.  :\">