Best Service - Great Selection - Always Low Prices
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

American Dry SnuffsSnuv: Herbal Range

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Classic Tin-Same Great Taste

Favorite Sir Walter Scott?

I love Border Rapee and Auld Alliance. Has anyone tried his newer blends? Unimpressed with Tears of Chios and Navigator is too mucj like Lundy Foot.

Comments

• I think you might got a mislabeled one....Tears of Chios should be dark moist and smell something like vanilla-resin stuff...(when it's fresh at least)...
  • volungevolunge Member
    edited September 28 PM
    @tobaccobob, I guess Raven got dried-out Navigator.

The favourites of mine are St James Parish (fine dry) and - from the newer blends - Fifty-Fifty (medium moist, medium fine grind). In contrary to many other SWS snuffs, these two are properly alkalized and pack quite a punch.

ToC is nice and yummy, but too mild for my liking.
  • I've never had a Sir Walter Scott, it's one of the only brands I haven't tried.
  • If you like toasts/high dry type, do try Lundy and St. James Parish. I find them outstanding in that category.
  • I have to say I think that, all the ones I have tried anyways, are excellent Johnny's commitment to quality and finish are beautifully expressed in his creations. I have to admit that I don't have some of the newer ones in my collection, but the ABR and toasts are second to none I reckon. I'm awaiting a delivery of some Golden Horn, I'm interested to see what that's like. 
  • It’s hard to pick a favourite as I seem to have a SWS for every mood.
    I’m very fond of Roslein. It’s a great after dinner snuff. It reminds me a little of turkish delight but not too sweet.
    Aged Border Rapee and Auld Alliance followed by his toasts are my favourite…I think I’ve mentioned nearly all of them…
    Oh I just love his snuff dammit!