Favorite Sir Walter Scott?

I love Border Rapee and Auld Alliance. Has anyone tried his newer blends? Unimpressed with Tears of Chios and Navigator is too mucj like Lundy Foot.

I think you might got a mislabeled one…Tears of Chios should be dark moist and smell something like vanilla-resin stuff…(when it’s fresh at least)…

2 Likes

@tobaccobob, I guess Raven got dried-out Navigator.

The favourites of mine are St James Parish (fine dry) and - from the newer blends - Fifty-Fifty (medium moist, medium fine grind). In contrary to many other SWS snuffs, these two are properly alkalized and pack quite a punch.

ToC is nice and yummy, but too mild for my liking.

2 Likes

I’ve never had a Sir Walter Scott, it’s one of the only brands I haven’t tried.

2 Likes

If you like toasts/high dry type, do try Lundy and St. James Parish. I find them outstanding in that category.

1 Like

I have to say I think that, all the ones I have tried anyways, are excellent Johnny’s commitment to quality and finish are beautifully expressed in his creations. I have to admit that I don’t have some of the newer ones in my collection, but the ABR and toasts are second to none I reckon. I’m awaiting a delivery of some Golden Horn, I’m interested to see what that’s like. 

It’s hard to pick a favourite as I seem to have a SWS for every mood. I’m very fond of Roslein. It’s a great after dinner snuff. It reminds me a little of turkish delight but not too sweet. Aged Border Rapee and Auld Alliance followed by his toasts are my favourite…I think I’ve mentioned nearly all of them… Oh I just love his snuff dammit!

1 Like