Best Service - Great Selection - Always Low Prices
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

American Dry SnuffsSnuv: Herbal Range

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Classic Tin-Same Great Taste

Comparison Review of Viking Scotch Dark, Viking Dark Rappee, WoS Brunswick Black Rapee

I will keep this as brief as possible. I have had the two Viking snuffs (henceforth VSD and VDR) in my indoors rotation for a few weeks now, whereas the WoS (BBR) only came yesterday (ordered directly from WoS). VSD and VDR are very similar in grind, both are mid-coarse, along with some larger bits and pieces. Ditto in terms of moisture, which is high for both. I don't get much scent right away from VSD, I suspect because I have difficulty detecting earthy scents. That's why certain earthy Cuban cigars (e.g. Bolivar Gold Medal and Partagas Serie D Especial, as a reference for those who are familiar) don't register prominently on my palate. VDR has an extra, dank and vegetal, quality that I very much appreciate. Both snuffs have a solid whack of nicotine and provoke a front drip like Niagara Falls. BBR is very similar in grind and moisture level. However, the scent is much more prominent, with a distinctive and delightful roasted quality, akin to that of coffee beans. The nicotine level is much milder, to the point I can stack a few bumps in each nostril. As a consequence I don't find myself quite as awash in nose juice. Any thoughts or comments would be most welcome. Apologies if this is a ramble, or a tedious wall of text.   

Comments

• vmank1qvmank1q Member
    I haven't tried WoS BBR in a long time so I forget what it's like. The other two are really good snuffs, the scotch dark being my favorite of the two.

Viking Dark (the old recipe) was a good snuff also. I think it's Samuel Gawiths Silky Dark now.

Thor's Hammer and Viking Brown are both amazing also. 
  • UweUwe Member
    Thank you, Hyperion, for reviewing these wonderful snuffs. They are really great. 

My all time feavourite is the  Sam Gawith Silky Dark because it smells so wonderfully burnt, but I enjoy the Brunswick Black Rappee also.