VIDEO: Snuff Boxes and Snuffing on "Flog It"

Credit goes to ermtony for brining this video to my attention: this is my first go at video capture - seems the only thing that works to rip BBCi player streams is a screen recorder the resulting avi. file was nearly 500megs which is to big to share on my internet connection so i encoded it to FLV format the resulting file is now 18.9MB this can be played in VLC media player. I have uploaded to rapidshare as i don’t have a you tube or similar video sharing account - you can watch straight from the rapidshare download if your media player on your PC supports FLV format - or if any kind snuffer has a youtube or similar account could you please upload it. thanks. Updated: Youtube video link video.dowload

stu90, you did a good job on that. I downloaded it and played it on FLV player Sorry don’t have a YouTube account so cant help there. But you can get the free FLV player from >> http://www.download.com/FLV-Player/3000-2139\_4-10467081.html

Thanks for you comment Snuff Head - i forgot to mention in my first post, due to compression the video is best watched in a small window to keep the quality up. cheers.

That’s great! Thanks. Downloading now.

Stu90:I’ll be happy to upload your video for you to my account with all credits to you.

Thats great Roam, maybe you or stu90 should whisper onefortheroad as he as shown interest and cant view the iPlayer in the U S A.

Thanks for the kind offer Roam - i signed up to youtube this evening so its on there now :slight_smile: cheers, Stu

Thanks for putting it on youtube. Looks good but was difficult to watch because of sound. Turned all my volume settings full blast but had to keep my ear against the speaker to hear it. What a collection!

I lost it when they sampled from the mill… Too funny!

Stu 90, well done - thats exactly the method I would have used. Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho…

The man taking a pinch from a silver box is Vivien Rose, btw. The proprietor of Smiths snuff shop in the 70’s and 80s. That was when the shop was an alladins cave for snuff takers and was like stepping back in time.

snuffster, I remember visiting Smith’s when in London and buying snuff from there. I meet him a few times and he was always very helpful, I found him a gent.

The bit where they take the snuff that has probably been lying around in the open for years made me cringe.

@snuffhead - Yes, he was a terrific old chap, just the sort of person you would expect in the shop as it was then. I first went in at about 18 on a college trip from Lancashire. I had read about Cafe Royal being the most expensive snuff in the world in the Guiness book of records and wanted to try some as I had been dabbling for a while. He was impeccably dressed and talking to an old gent with a plummy accent and walrus moustaches and broke off to serve me, saying (remember, I was a spotty oik in t shirt, jeans and long hair) “some snuff for you sir?”, said without the least hint of condesencion . Seems like another age. When I moved to London in my early 20’s, he was still there and I went in fairly often and he was the perfect ambassador for snuff. It makes me sad to see how much charm and character has been lost from the place and after going in a couple of years ago to find no snuff boxes on sale, a poor selection of snuff and the place apparently owned by a bored, unfriendly cockney in a T shirt, Ive not been back.

Yes I’ve heard now it isn’t the same shop and just leave it there ;-{

sad to say

Cool video.

Agreed

Well, now that its surfaced, and gotten my attention I can move it to our library section. We might have this same video in there under another listing though.

Really wish I could have made it to Smith’s back when it was a proper snuff shop! Jealous!!