OT What Are You Reading?

This enforced sequestration has really given me a chance to hit the bookshelves. Currently reading the Acts of the Apostles, as well as excellent biographies of Jack Hargreaves and Stonewall Jackson. What are you reading to pass the time?

Been rereading A Song of Ice and Fire, on the last one A Dance with Dragons

2 Likes

Right now I am reading 4th volume of Expanse series. Earth and Mars people from the future are using wormhole built by aliens to populate habitable planets in distant galaxies. Great novel for scifi fans! Theres also a show on Netflix based on that book, so I am looking forward to see it someday as well.

2 Likes

This Light in Oneself by Krishnamurti.

2 Likes

Lustrum by Robert Harris, Carpe Jugulum by Terry Pratchett…

2 Likes

nytimes

2 Likes

Mason & Dixon by Thomas Pynchon

2 Likes

The instruction book for a new pressure cooker.

4 Likes

Rather charming biography of Jack Hargreaves I found on Kindle Unlimited. As long as you have fairly eclectic tastes, this service is worth your while. You’ll almost never find the book you’re looking for, but stand a great chance of finding a book tangentially related to the book you’re looking to find.

2 Likes

Well… almost several years ago I started reading all books by Stephen King. But I didnt look at the bunch he almost wrote and also the other names he is writing.

Mostly I read them in german. But some of his books I also used to read in english original language. The Dark Tower saga is still my favorite by SK.

3 Likes

Friars a muck by Sieg Linde. Short and slightly wierd.

3 Likes

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne

3 Likes

Just started The Power and Glory by Graham Greene. Just finished Sweet Thursday by John Steinbeck. Steinbeck is my comfort reading, like eating grilled cheese, or watching reruns of the Simpsons.

2 Likes

The Book of Matthew

3 Likes

I’m a big reader, but for some reason I haven’t been reading much while on lockdown. A typical year I read 150-180 books but this year it looks like I’ll be finishing 35.  I just started Octavia Butler’s Kindred tonight.

I’m looking forward to the newly released Ray Bradbury compilation Killer, Come Back to Me.  It’s a collection of his crime fiction. I’ll be honest, I didn’t even know he wrote crime fiction, but it’s one of my favorite genres in recent years.

2 Likes

Jadoo by John Keel

2 Likes

Mr. Mercedes by Mr. Stephen King

2 Likes

At the time I’m reading the Kalevala. A finish Epos. I‘m interested in old north mythology.

3 Likes

The Golem by Gustav Meyrink and before that,it was Los detectives salvajes by Roberto Bolano and 2666 also by Bolano.

4 Likes

Neuromancer, William Gibson.

5 Likes