NTSU Black Storage

Hello everyone,

I just ordered a 12 pack of Ntsu Black (14g each) and i’m wondering what’s the best way to keep them fresh like they came.

Should i put them all in a container in the refrigerator or just in a closet that i put all my other dry snuffs.

I don’t want my Ntsu to lose it’s moisture or it’s ammonia smell.

What’s the best way to keep NTSU Black fresh in storage?

Store it in an airtight container in a cool dark place, mason jars are the snuff storage containers of choice.

2 Likes

Choose appropriate size and fill the jars full to prevent moisture loss.

1 Like

@volunge I was planing to put the little Ntsu containers as they are inside a big mason jar, and not empty them in a mason jar. What do u think about it?

It’s good enough for short term storage. That is, if you go through one tub in a week or faster.

1 Like

Okay i dont use it that much so i think i dump them all in mason jars !

Where did you order from? I buy the rolls from the South African shop, from the U.K. I prefer the green. My advice is keep them in the fridge inside a zip lock bag. air tight is best. My only concern is that the snuff can get a little dry, but you can rehydrate if necessary with a little distilled water or a thin slice of apple or carrot.

@mrmanos I order from snuffstore. So you suggest me to put the tubs insides a zip lock bag and put it in the fridge! Thank you for the info!

@mrmanos Ntsu green has menthol?

How did decanting work out for you? I am wondering if I should decant all mine into screw top containers or leave it in the original plastic in air tight glass food storage containers. This seems fine because it’s unused, but I’m wondering if for longer term the 2oz screw tight containers (if I pack them to the top) would be better served. It takes me some months to go through all them, I got 5 Taxi Red and 5 NTSU Black. I know keeping them packed down in the tins helps the most to retain whatever moisture is left, but I’ve been on the fence about decanting these for a few weeks now lol. These screw top tins are a lifesaver though, so far it’s been keeping everything fresh but I don’t wanna have to use them up if the original Taxi/NTSU cans are fairly airtight enough already.

1 Like

I put half of it in mason jar and the other half in original cans and both have stayed fresh (mason jar a little more).

Other snuffs i have kept in Toque screw top tin have dried out completely, dramatic change over the years.

1 Like

Ouch, maybe I’m gonna have to rethink using them then and get Mason jars. Not sure. I’d think the screw tins should be good enough but that is worrisome.

1 Like

I dont know mate, do what you prefer what works for you.

1 Like

Just a suggestion of what I use to keep my snuffs fresh. I use the clay discs that people use to keep brown sugar moist and other things like herbs etc. I put my snuff in an airtight container and depending on the size of the container and the size of the disc you use, usually 2 to 3 of them. You just let them soak in water over night and they last for about 6 months. They are reusable so when they dry out just soak them again and they will be good for another 6 months. They are cheap and last forever. You can get packs of ten of them on Amazon, just search brown sugar saver.

2 Likes

Those clay discs seem like they would work well to rehydrate dried out snuff, I may have to get some and try it out.

2 Likes

Yeah they work great for that. Though I just keep all my snuffs besides dry white snuffs in an air tight container and put 2 of the clay discs in the large container I have and I have a smaller container for snuffs I’m using at the moment or more frequently, just have one clay disc in it. I highly recommend them to keep your snuffs fresh or like you said bring life back to older dried out snuffs.