New snuff - Poschl JBR Blue

Launched onto the German market on the 1st of July.

Described as “a new english-type menthol snuff with fruity ice candy flavor and a refreshing menthol note, perfectly complementing the previous JBR Green variety with its refreshing wintergreen aroma combined with a fine spearmint note”.

JBR

The concept of putting blue stuff inside my face isn’t all that appealing to me. But I’d love to try this one! “with fruity ice candy flavor”

3 Likes

@ar47, I think it’s brown, just as the rest in Poschl range (with an exception of their white, glucose-based snuff in a small glass bottle). I found only one review yet (at snuffstore.de), someone evaluated it as second best Poschl right after the Gawith Original (the one in the black box).

2 Likes

So by English I take it to mean a dry snuff?

@Codyg140, I would expect typical Poschl moisture with paraffin oil and all.

I haven’t tried JBR Blue, but had quite a bit of Poschl Ozona English Type snuff in those 5 g round metal tap boxes. I’m not sure what makes them “English Type” - Ozona is moist and oiled.

However, there is at least one dry (i. e. unoiled) snuff in Poschl range - Radford English Type No. 1, akin to Hedges L260 (which is fairly moist when fresh, but is water based and contains no paraffin).

2 Likes