Mr. Snuff

What happened to Mr.Snuffs selections. So many things are gone…? What’s up?

I think a lot of it had to do with snuff companies paring back their product lines due to some EU bureaucratic nonsense.

They could be getting rid of the old stock and replacing it with the new packaging. It seems like there are alot of specials at the moment.

1 Like

I have noticed the same problem i couldn’t place an order for my favorite McChrystal’s Anisette.

i am hoping it is because snufftaking is becoming more popular as a cheaper alternative  to smoking.

So many good snuffs gone. Terrible.

I thought I had read in a post a couple months back that the company was leaving the EU? Maybe they’re trying to sell off a lot of current stock before a move? I have a soft spot for Poschl so hopefully it will still be available. I don’t know where else to find it.

The UK voted to begin negotiations on leaving the EU. That sounds like a process that could take years and possibly end with them not leaving after all.

@RCastle Anisette is now Star Gazer

https://mrsnuff.com/mcchrystals-star-gazer-p-2023.html

Should I start panic buying yet?

Sounds worrying!

@Afterglow That train has already left the station. Many many snuffs have now been discontinued. There’s a few still lingering on shelves, but most stockists now seem to be carrying the new renamed/rebadged reduced lines. I don’t know how Poschl are affected, as I avoid mentholated snuffs.

@Afterglow. Any of the discontinued flavors are probably not worth buying as they are probably old and stale… That has been my experience. 

1 Like

My experience is that if snuff is well stored it lasts for many years.

In fact snuff well stored will last longer that the EU.

3 Likes

@yisrealdov Don’t say that! Most of my stash is discoed stuff :-SS I was having a rummage this weekend to see how my stash is holding up, and found about 1.5kg in unopened tins, a few hundred grams in opened tins, and several kilos in glass jars of various sizes. Thankfully, a lot of the “old and stale” stuff is just dormant, and can be woken back up with a little rehydration. It is true that some snuffs do change in storage though, or at least they do seem to. I have lost a fair bit to mould too. Even sterilised glass jars are no guarantee of snuff longevity. Some last, some don’t.

We are working with the snuff manufacturers on a way to revive as many as possible of the brands that we all know and love but do not sell in large enough volumes to justify registration in the EU. This will likely mean that we will only be able to sell them outside the EU, but then there would be nothing to stop members sending them back to other members within the EU as a private gift. Not ideal, but we’ll keep some classics alive and available.

Thoughts? Is it worth the effort?

6 Likes

thats a huge yes from me!  even if you save a quarter of the lost snuffs! i live outside of the EU though. the continued ones might sell more than they used to because there will still be fewer choices. unless the popularity  drops off, people are still going to buy the same amount of snuff. of course it all depends on how much business you do outside of the EU already…

As long as you keep stocking Klostermischung and Aecht alt. I will survive!

1 Like

If it keeps retailers in business, and manufacturers in business, anything is worth trying. I can’t participate unfortunately, as my days of disposable income are long gone.

Mr. Snuff needs to revamp the German snuff selection. To that note, what English snuffs come closest in likeness to a schmalzler? The only English snuffs I have tried are Fribourg and Treyer’s ‘Seville’ which is scented like house cleaners, (a joke). It seems like soon enough there will be no way of getting stuff from Germany anymore. 

There are no English snuffs like Schmalzlers. English law prohibits the oiling of snuff which is why Gawith Apricot is made in Germany. I would say if you want something sort of close, look to South Africa where the grinds can almost trick your nose into thinking it’s an oiled snuff.

1 Like