How does rustica from toque compare to SWS Lundy Foot

Just wondering about this as the Lundy Foot does have the power to make my head spin. It is blended with fine Virginia tobacco though so has a nice flavour when the burn settles down. If the Rustica is significantly stronger than the LF then I will avoid. What other snuffs are there that give a fast nicotine rush? I guess it is the finer, toasted snuffs. The course ground high nicotine snuffs like Creme de Figue don’t deliver a rush as are slow release.

SWS often adds some rustica to the blend, but I don’t think Toques Rustica has a base added to it (to free base the nicotine). I have tried some of Toques’s Rustica and it seemed comparable to some of Johnny’s blends which only have some rustica, which indicated to me that Toques’s Rustica didn’t have a base added to it  Also Toques’s rustica didn’t have any burn which was another indicater that a base wasn’t added to it so…I’ll wait for Toques reply which I think is Dave, or maybe that’s MrSnuff

1 Like

Thanks I’m not sure SWS adds anything to their tobacco either though.

Interesting… I’ve not tried Toque Rustica, but I don’t find SWS LF particularly high nic … I get a bigger buzz from Toque USA Whiskey & Honey …

I have tried the Whiskey and Honey now and yes you are right about the buzz! I think maybe Lundy Foot has more virginia than rustica in it because both the Whiskey and Honey and the Spanish Gem Ambrosia from Toque have a slightly sour smell which I guess is the rustica tobacco (from descriptions I have read). There is certainly a kick from both. The Lundy foot has a warmer more traditional tobacco smell.

1 Like

The tobacco notes in LF are excellent, i really enjoy it. :slight_smile:

I agree I just found out that the slight ammomia scent i was getting from the Whiskey and Honey is a sign of freshness. I left the cap of for a few hours and the sourness is gone.

1 Like