Who loves SP Snuff ?

Sp is an odd duck .So many snuff fit in this category. Do you have one you buy over and over again and why. Do you like another one better but the price is the issue? I have a few favorites, but I own many snuffs that get my attention I fail to empty them. I admit I did go through a few Abraxas St Casura and did buy more. Toque Original & SP Extra also guilty. 

What are some SP you absolutely cannot do without? top 3 top 5 top 10 . Just to get a feel of the most popular  SP . I wish we had a poll option; it be so useful.     

1: SP Extra 2: Tom buck Distant 3: Berwick brown

3 Likes

WoS Tom Buck/Queens Extra Strong
Toque SP Extra
J&H Wilson Top Mill no. 1
WoS Grand Cairo
McChrystal’s Mild Lemon

4 Likes

What is the characteristic of a snuff so that it falls in SP category? I think I may not have even tried a single one.

1 Like

Bergamot is not hypoallergenic which makes snuffs with it quite sneezy for me.

2 Likes

Where do you draw the line? That’s one of the recurring questions I have with the SP umbrella. I currently have bulk of… Tom Buck SG SP Scotch Berwick Brown (is this a brown rappee?) Best Dark (SP scented, but technically a black rappee) Various other plainer snuffs including a couple of the SG Crests I also enjoy JHW SP No.1 and Top Mill, McC Mild Lemon and SP Extra from Toque. I have several other SP’s tucked away in factory sealed tins too. Sometimes I enjoy them on their own, but sometimes I will blend up an SP+ with a bit of an F&T snuff, or one of the other perfumed snuffs like Morlaix, Jockey Club, or Mitchells. In fact I tend to load a snuffbox with just the SP, though sometimes it may pick up a slight ghosting from the previous load, and then add in a pinch of something else if my interest wains before the box is empty. For me, SP snuffs form a very important part of my snuff arsenal.

3 Likes

For me, SP is an occasional thing as it wears out its welcome quite easily to my tastes.It seems to me WoS are/were king of this realm

Tom Buck
Gold Label
Grand Cairo

2 Likes

I notice a couple of people have mentioned Grand Cairo. I didn’t purely because I think it’s more heavily scented and takes itself out of the SP realm, but I do understand why others may wish to include it. GC is another snuff I have in bulk.

2 Likes

SPs not really my thing, and have tried probably more than 10 varieties, the only ones that got my attention and still pinch them 2,3 times daily are JHW SP No.1 and WoS Grand Cairo.

2 Likes

sp extra
Berwick brown

WoS best sp

extra and best are very similar i think. berwick is a whole different beast

1 Like

Abraxas St. Casura Toque SP Extra WoS Best SP

2 Likes

I’m primarily an SP snuffer.  In no particular order:

Tom Buck
McChrystal’s Smoker’s Blend (S’Nuff)
J&H Wilson Top Mill no. 1

2 Likes

I do love the Tom Buck.  I bought the snuffstore Traditional SP on a lark and I’ll say that it is absolutely fantastic.  It IS THE SNUFF in my opinion.  

1 Like

WoS Best SP,  Toque SP X,  Tom Buck,  St. Casura…

1 Like