Nicotine tolerance, question and brotip

Hey guys…lately I’ve been snusing a lot, which has given me a big problem:

I HAVE A HARD TIME GETTING NIC-SATISFACTION.

So my question is: How can I get my nic-tolerance down?

And the brotip is this: Avoid extra strong snus types if you can, stick to normal, or low-nic snus, or your snus and snufflife will suck.

What would you consider satisfaction to be? I haven’t experienced anything remotely resenbling a nicotine ‘buzz’ in 20 years. Nor do I have any interest in chasing one. For me ‘satisfation’ = not in withdrawal, so I simply maintain. That being said, I would guess that you would want to cut out the strong snus and snuff. You’ll probably experience some withdrawal but your body will get used to the new ‘normal’ level of nicotine eventually and will learn to be ‘satisfied’ with it.

3 Likes

@SandwichIsles Satisfaction to me is not craving it constantly. Lately I’ve been chainsmoking, snusing a lot (Can get satisfied by thunder frosted ultra), snuffing some…you name it. I managed to almost quit smoking, snus just a little, and use a moderate amount of snuff…now I’m up to 3 morning cigs! Major drawback…

1 Like

^^^ Well said Sandwich!

@rogue Understand all. I still have days where I feel like that and I haven’t smoked in a long time. I just shovel more snuff and things eventually sort out, for me anyway. I think It’s hard to give people advice on this sort of thing considering how differently we all react to nicotine and how differently craving and addiction impacts each of us individually. For me there wasn’t a step down. One day I smoked my last cigarette, the next it was nothing but snuff. It took awhile and it was hard, I didn’t feel satisfied and was constanly on the edge of a nic fit. I just kept at it until my body got used to a new ‘normal’. Now, having said that, I use a lot of snuff, 8-10g daily. But that was the trade off for me, heavy smoker to heavy snuffer. I don’t know if this answers the question. It’s hard.

1 Like

Drink more fluids. It’s astounding what a difference it makes. It won’t take all the troubles away, but it will help

2 Likes

^True

@50ft_trad I already drink a lot, but after some thinking, it might be because I’m tired…I always need a tin of nic when I’m tired. I’m force-limiting myself now though; ONE cig in the morning, not 2, replace snus and cigs for snuff at least once a day (cause I believe it got lower nic…although I’ve been more than satisfied by certain snuffs), and I try to wait a little longer between each time I get any nicotine. Let’s see how it works out in the long run.

I ve stopped smoking 3 years ago I replaced it with e cigarettes. About 9 months ago I took my first pinch of snuff and it was like a big huge satisfaction, a relief, an instant relaxation. I had this feeling when I tried the islay snuff Mull of oa as well. The thing is when I snuff I feel this feeling but lighter than the first time but still feel it especially if I don’t snuff for 5 days. If you snuff a lot everyday then it’s true that the feeling goes away so now what I do is that I snuff when I wake up, maybe during mid day and the evening not too much to avoid sneezing during the night. I ve been doing it for a week and the days just go with a better relaxation feeling but I m still vaping but the more I snuff the less I vape :wink:

Ok, things are working out for me. Right now I’m broke, so I don’t smoke much at all, and every pinch of snuff is just that more satisfying.

3 Likes

I read some time ago (I think it may have been in Velvet Glove Iron Fist (a GREAT read btw - see here: http://velvetgloveironfist.blogspot.ca/) that nicotine tolerance is genetic and cannot be altered. You reach your ‘genetic’ limit in your bloodstream and stop. You will see smokers for example take several huge bolus (bolae?) of smoke into their lungs, then switch to small puffs for the rest of the cigarette. Their tolerance dictates how many large puffs they take.

Now you know it is interesting to watch a group of smokers outside a pub. You can very quickly gauge the varying tolerances and hence their genetic dispositions to nicotine.

As a side note, I find it appalling that in a ‘free’ society we are not allowed to open a bar that might be called Smoker’s Haven (for example) with a HUGE sign emblazoned across blacked out windows that reads “DO NOT enter unless you are happy breathing other people’s smoke”. Surely if you enter purely by choice then it should be allowed, in anything resembling a reasonable society as opposed to a nanny state. Just a thought.

2 Likes

@MrSnuff. Agree wholeheartedly about ‘Smoker’s Haven’ and our nanny state. God forbid you make your own health risk management decisions.

2 Likes

A quick pointless detour round this one… In theory I’m pretty sure you can do that - so long as nobody works there either paid or unpaid. The pub thing all came about under a ban on smoking in the workplace. Without employees or volunteers (including cleaners out of hours), it is no longer a workplace, and therefore would not be covered by the ban. If you figure out a way of running it so that no “staff” ever have to enter those premises, and you’re onto a winner. Good luck trying to get served at the bar though…

@MrSnuff I actually had that very discussion (smoker’s bar) with a friend IRL in a bar.

Few tricks that worked for me but I might be a special case, only read on when you want to change something and if you’re open to advice. 

When you really crave a cigarette, instantly use so much snuff that you would get sick from the cig and see if your body is able to stop your mind from smoking. It’s the habit of smoking that you have to stop, not the craving which gets less and less over time, but comes back as a pattern of reaction to a certain situation which involves something like stress or boredom, feeling unsatisfied after dinner or something else. Everyone is different but maybe someone can relate to this, you have power over changing your rituals. 
3 morning cigarettes is HEAVY and chain smoking will destroy your body within a decade and you will look like a mess, I can’t imagine how much mental restlessness and stress a person with a habit like this has to suffer from. Practice Meditation, it’s for free, everyone can do it and it teaches your mind to be more aware of itself and your body, not becoming a slave of every craving you feel, not being so attached to a habit that you feel like it’s ripping you apart when you’re not doing it. Alot of us are dealing with the same harming patterns of behaviour. If I wouldn’t have Snuff, Sports and Meditation I would be an irritable, always tired, internet-, cigarette-, xxx- and probably drugaddicted mess that probably couldn’t even make it through one page of a book. When your diet contains alot of sugar, coffein and nicotine, any task will feel exhausting without it, but your body and mind will adapt within a relatively short amount of time when you change those habits. 

If you don’t want to do that and you still want to chase the nic rush allday everyday, you could try to snuff 5 gram of HDT while smoking a pipe and a cigar simultaneously inhaling DEEP and sticking a good portion of snus up your ass at the same time. Chances are pretty high that you get a buzz while the god of nicotine appears infront of you shouting “You did it mate !!” 

2 Likes

Having been a submariner in the navy and now a DoD contractor for more than half my life I have absolutely no idea what a normal life/sleep pattern looks like and survive solely on the combined effect of nicotine, caffeine and sugar. As @michaels said, I cannot function without them and I’m sure I look and feel at least 15 years older than I am and will leave my children fatherless much earlier than I would like. Such are the sacrifices we make for freedom. Blood (soul) of patriots and such… anyway, michaels has a point. I basically shovel so much snuff so often that the thought of a cigarette is not even an option and for the last 3 years its worked and hopefully will extend my life at least a little.

4 Likes

@MrSnuff In my state, they banned smoking in bars unless it is specifically a cigar bar. I haven’t been in a bar in many years, but I could go through some cigarettes while drinking beer there.

@Rogue how are you doing with your transition buddy? 

Smoking is also banned in my state inside bars/restaurants unless they have a patio and the establishment lets people smoke in their patio.

@Aamon not so good atm, but hey, a new day tomorrow, yeah?