Jaxons New Flavours

Just spotted a couple of new snuffs on Jaxon’s site, Dukes Brown and Queens Special. DB is listed as an SP type with strong traditional tobacco taste, and QS is listed as cherry and vanilla. Both are listed as fine, but not entirely sure if that refers to the grind or quality. Anyone tried these yet?

36 views and no replies, I assume I’m the first to have seen them…?

1 Like

Maybe. I’ve never had any of Jaxons snuff before.

1 Like

Ah, good point! For those who don’t know, it’s at snuff.me.uk

A tin of each of these new ones arrived in the post yesterday;  Duke’s Brown is basically akin to WoS Best Dark.  None the worse for that, I have to say.  Queen’s Special is described on the website as having a cherry and vanilla scent.  if those two combine to give a “Parma Violet” scent then that’s what you’ve got - an SP with a violet scent like you’d get from sweets.  I like them both.  Incidentally, on and off the subject, with the new EU regs about names of tobacco products, although on the snuff.me website, Jaxon’s apricot, cherry and raspberry menthol are still advertised with those titles, I’ve seen them on other site now called “apri cool” “ripple cool” etc.

1 Like

I had the Queens Special, it was very nice, and I usually don’t like sweet snuffs.  The box arrived broken so I gave it away, but I would defiantly try it again.

Did a quick google search and I don’t see that Jaxon’s has a site, do you have it off hand ?

@yisraeldov The site for Jaxons is snuff.me.uk

The queen’s sounds nice. I’ll have to order a few tins.

Got mine the other day. Duke’s Brown seems like Viking Dark, or something close. Really good. The Queens…hmm, it reminds of something else, but I can’t put my finger on it. Real nice cherry and vanilla, fluffy, slightly moist. Seems like it’s a Sam Gawith product. Anyone have thoughts about this? I like all the Jaxon’s I’ve tried so far. The Extra Strong is a dark, slightly coarse menthol with a rather strange additional scent. What is it? It’s growing on me…

@mrmanos The Queens… Celtic Talisman? … and are you sure the Duke’s is V.Dark not V.Brown?

@50ft_trad…Yeah, Celtic Talisman seems like Queens! And Duke’s Brown is likely V Brown. Whatever they are, they’re pretty good. I also got one called High Drive, thats flavored, according to the shopkeeper, like Red Bull energy drink. I’ve never tried the drink, but the snuff is quite nice. Fluffy, almost reddish-brown in color, slightly moist. They’ve had that one for a while, but I had only tried a dried out tap box of it. The sealed tin is much nicer.

@mrmanos how is the nicotine hit on the High Drive ? I think I will have to try that one on my next order. Problem is that I can’t order more than 70USD at one time or I have to pay extra VAT.

What?  Are these confirmed to be made by Sam Gawith?  I love Sam Gawith and their style of coarse, moist, fluffy, dark snuffs.  And what with their now-reduced selection, I’m definitely interested in this if they’re contracting with SG.

They have several snuffs made by SG. I think the High Drive is the now discontinued Guarana, the Queens Special sounds like Celtic Talisman, and then there’s Coffee Cream, Toffee, and several others. If these are all registered and fully compliant, it means another lease of life for some SG snuffs we would otherwise have lost

Had a look at the Snuff.me.UK and notice they will ship to the U.S. but not to all the state’s. Why do they exclude some of them? Of course my state is on that black list. What BS.

I believe they ship to states which haven’t outlawed distance selling of tobacco (or something to that effect). In other words, blame your state, not Jaxons. They’re just avoiding law suits

@50_trad never an issue with Toque or Mr.Snuff. Ordered many times from them and Snuff Store also. “???”

Then just be extremely grateful that there’s someone who’ll do whatever’s necessary to get you your snuff. You can’t blame other companies for wanting to keep their noses clean.

1 Like

Snuff.me.uk is the maker of Jaxons ? I really like the Queens Special, just got a bit tin of it, great scent and it really lasts, a few hours even.

The 1969, says SP but it is mentholated, don’t know if that is normal for SP’s or not.

The Chocolate Tangerine permeated everything, not a fan of choclate orange so I’m going to give it a pass.

imageae416.th.jpg image4bbb4.th.jpg image572dc.th.jpg

?

@yisrealdov The guy who runs snuff.me.uk is the same guy who commissioned Jaxons snuffs from Samuel Gawith. He named the Jaxons brand after his dog.

3 Likes