Anise Snuff. Suggestions?

Hello everyone! I’m a fan of all things licorice and anise. Sambuca and anisette are among my favorite liqueurs. I’ve had the Dholakia and WoS aniseed, but they are both mentholated. I’m looking for an Anise or Licorice snuff without menthol. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Have you tried Toque Absinthe?

1 Like

@Zanaspus No, I didn’t even think about that one. I’ll give it a shot on my next order. Thanks!

I like Toque Absinthe a lot–recommended 

1 Like

I think the McChrystal’s Anisette is pretty good as well.

2 Likes

@SeanOCDPx No menthol in that one?

Nope, not that my nose can tell.  And Mr. Snuff lists it as non-mentholated.

OK, cool. I just assume that all McChrystal’s has menthol, haha. It seems to be their speciality. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

Samuel Gawith Aniseed  is strong and long lasting. Like a black jelly bean in your face. 

1 Like

@basement_shaman That sounds like my kind of snuff. Thanks.

1 Like

@Ubiquitous I must warn you this snuff will ghost a wooden snuff box. So wax the interior with bee wax or pipe wax. Or you can de ghost it later with baking soda or activated charcoal . Yea it that powerful!

@Basement_shaman I’ve stopped using wooden snuff boxes. I warped one with some KB and I just don’t find them all that convenient anymore. I’ve made the switch to plastic and reused Toque tins. No fuss, and cheap to replace.

1 Like

@Zanaspus Just got my most recent Toque order. Absinthe is fantastic. Thanks again for the suggestion.

I agree about McChrystal’s Anisette being good

1 Like

Personally I really love Aniseed Extra by Frederick Tranter.