Snuff Bullet Question

I finally figured out how to work my snuff bullet, and I absolutely love it. My favorite snuff-taking method now for sure. It amazes me how it dispenses the perfect amount of snuff. However, out of curiosity, does anyone know if it’s possible to tweak it and make it dispense a little more snuff?

With a drill press and a vice and skill it can be done. I wouldn’t want my fingers getting damaged. you could use pliers and a hand drill if you add a stop to the bit so you don’t go too deep.You may also want to widen the draft hole on the side. Good luck. Go slow and use a cutting fluid for best results. 

You also could use a dremel tool with a some special carving or grinding bit 

@basement_shaman Damn haha, that’s pretty good. You ever tried it?

@RailroadMills No I only use a Posh Bullet and that has Dholakia Medicated No.10 in it. A small dose is all you need. I mostly use the box car method or a spoon, There are only a few snuffs I pinch to warm up between the fingers to get the best out of them. I had drill a few million holes in things over my life time. I am confident I could tweak a bullet.

@basement_shaman Can you take the snuff out of a pre-filled bullet, and replace it with any other snuff of your choice?

Probably a stupid question, but I’m still a newbie to bullets.

Never had one

@RailroadMills - yes.  Just unscrew the bottom of the bullet and fill it with the snuff of your choice.  In fact, if you get pre-filled bullets from Toque, they cram so much snuff into the bullet that it won’t even work right unless you unscrew it and empty some of it out into a different container first.  I just bought empty bullets and fill them with whatever snuff I want to carry with me that day.

1 Like

@MarkM Thank you. And yes that has happened to me with Toque.

I ordered my first bullet today. Just want to try it.

I have one of the small acrylic Toque bullets and use it only at work when discretion/speed is an issue.otherwise, i prefer to pinch… I’d like to get a few more because those little plastic bullets are notoriously difficult to clean and hang on to scents so best to dedicate to similar scents. Maybe not an issue with metal ones.

1 Like

I got a 2 pack off eBay, use it for work, refilling as needed. They have their place when discretion is called for, rest of the time they’re pretty much useless imo. Oh and nice when driving.

2 Likes

That are exactly the reasons I like to try one . at the office and on the road .

good to have a bullet or 2 in the pocket

I have some Toque bullets and I can’t seem to get it right.

If I sniff light, nothing comes out, if I sniff hard enough for the snuff to come out it hits me in the back of the throat.

I end up just using it like a tapbox.

Is there any trick that I’m missing ?

Nope, you’ve got it sussed - use it like a tap box :wink: Some people do like using a bullet for snuff, but most don’t. The snuff is probably better condition in a tin too.

The trick is to get a snuffbox and pinch, just as quick and discreet if you know what you’re doing. The only bullets I have are for my guns, the others are designed for illicit substances.

1 Like

I keep trying for different delivery methods other than pinching. I don’t trust that my fingers are clean enough to be contaminating the snuff that is going in my nose.

I thought I would like tap-boxes, but I find them to be a disappointment as well, sometimes the snuff comes out and sometimes not, and sometimes too much, no real control. 

I just, for the life of me, cannot understand worrying about ‘contaminating’ snuff while pinching. Not that I have any problem with people who do worry about such things, mind you. I’ve seen plenty of people come through the forum with the same worry. I pinch everything and my incidence of colds and such is near zero. I just don’t understand.

@sandwhichIsles  I think it is an ocd-type thing. I know its probably fine, but I have an aversion to it, especially if I ate.