Molens "New" Tap Boxes

I’ve heard about a ‘new’ Molens tap box that is more of a snuff box in configuration.  Haven’t seen it yet, but sounds very interesting.  Anyone out there have updated info on these?

I have seen them, I sure like the design!

Jaap posted a pic of them somewhere, they looked like the Bernard flip top snuff boxes Mr.Snuff sells.

1 Like

Jaap posted a link which is

http://www.snuifmolenswebshop.nl/Webwinkel-Category-524179/Type-Latakia.html

They do look like a proper snuffbox

Those look great.  Are they available at Mr. Snuff or do we have order directly from Jaap?   No worries, but I’d prefer to send my dollars directly to Jaap.

I want some of those

@chefdaniel, they do look nice.

@chefdaniel I would guess that depends on how much stock MrSnuff has in the old boxes. Jaap said that the old boxes were “history” earlier this month so presumably all new orders are in the new boxes.

I’ve got a snoot full of Mississippi Tabak as I type this, from a 100 gram tub.  Holy Crap!! What a wonderful statement of fermented Virginia leaf with minimal additions; they are in there but are so deftly handled the tobacco is center stage.

As it should be in my humble opinion.  To me it’s all about the leaf; all the other stuff should come along for the ride, not take the wheel.  To my nose this is close to perfection.

Well done Jaap!!

2 Likes

MMMississippi, I’ll join you, late to the party but that’s fashionable.

Fashionably late here also. been putting a hurting on my Mississippi also. I want to get some of those new boxes. Have to kill some stash first.  

1 Like

The new boxes are pretty nice. They are brown plastic traditional style, with a hinged lid. They aren’t super tight, but they fit in your pocket well. I think they are a big improvement over the old boxes. In my last order 2 of the 3 were the new style. They can be reused for whatever snuff you like once the original is gone. 

I’m awaiting an order - my first from the man himself - prompted by the new boxes. I never get through enough to make a tub worthwhile, and those clear plastic things drove me mad!

@ all:Glad to hear that you like our new boxes. For those who has not yet seen them a picture can be found on our twitter account: Snuifmolens ?@snuifmolens 26 okt. 2015 our version is a little darker brown.

Jaap Bes.

1 Like

@snuffmiller  Does Mr. Snuff have these new, beautiful, boxes, or should I order directly from you.  My big tub of FCV 400 is almost gone, so a few of those boxes filled with that would get me through until Valentine’s Day.

I seriously regret buying all of my plastic tap boxes (except for the Snuffhouse.org box).  They were the same quality, more expensive, and empty!

1 Like

@SeanOCDPx unload them on ebay and fund your snuff collection.

1 Like

@chefdaniel: Mr. Snuff ordered a selection of our products in new boxes last december. I assume he has some left as he has not yet reordered.

Jaap Bes.