Dedicated Snuff Boxes

Am I alone or do any of my fellow snuffers dedicate one snuff to a certain box?

Along with my SAD I also had SBAD when I had the money. I had acquired quite a few.

In my PC Triple tech I have 41 Photo White Elephant

" " Toque Stainless flask is filled with Toque Almond Toast prior to that is was filled with Toque Quit ,I do need to get another Toque Flask. I have it attached to my keyring so I never leave home without.

" " Heart Laser Shaman Hand Box is 6 Photo Special I have other laser boxes filled with the rest of 6 Photo black snuffs and one with Dholakia Taj

" " Silver Box is Toque Whiskey & Honey

" " Pewter box with dogs hunting is my F&T HDT Another one is filled with SG Black Coffee

" " Stainless Steel Flask is filled with Abraxas St Casura the second one is fill with Dholakia Medicated No.10

" " Rococo Turn Tin I have TSP Madras and the other one has Honest Scotch in it

Still pinching out of SWS Anson’s Imperial this won’t last long but I love the hockey puck jar and will repurpose it for snuff.

I have Snuffhouse .org Boxes of many colors. The red one have filled with Dholakia White The others I put labels on them but only fill as needed

The plastic MrSnuff boxes also of many colors. The Black one I have St Omer No1, Lime Green is Mississippi. Yellow is a special mix that changes often. Blue is Latakia Ao 1860. Red was Son de Tonca No 1. I need more. 

I could go on, But let’s not make this about me. 
:">

That is quite an impressive collection @basement_shaman. I only ever carry two snuffs on my person so I have only two snuffboxes. One dark red Mr. Snuff box that I keep my primary (viking dark or KBO) in and one dark green snuffhouse box that I keep my secondary (whatever I want for variety that day) in.

2 Likes

I have a zebrawood Patrick Collins that is exclusively for White Indians: Cheeta, the Hefferlump, or Dholakia White. It would be wrong to put any other snuffs in that box. And I have a teak box that is mainly for Quit or HDT, although I might put another unscented, plain tobacco snuff in there. I don’t usually take my SWS or Abraxas snuffs out with me, so I often just take them from the jar or tin.

3 Likes

I have many a snuffbox and all of them are dedicated to different snuffs and types of snuffs.

2 Likes

I also have a mild case of SBAD. I have a Tripletech that I only use for SPs of one kind or other, and a French-style wooden box (white metal ends, inlay on the lid) dedicated solely to Jockey Club. Those are the two I always carry. I have two other dedicated wooden boxes, one for Toast and one for other scented snuff. Then there are the schmaltzler boxes - bakelite, plastic and 3" Heartwood Creations - and the pewter and Mr Snuff plastic boxes that get used for anything else…

2 Likes

I dedicate by type, but not specific snuffs. The system isn’t set in stone, but helps me remember which is which while on the go and helps minimise ghosting. MrSnuff Boxes: Green - Mints and mentholated (rarely used) Blue - Floral Yellow - SP / KB / Berwick Brown Red - Dessert snuffs and dark snuffs Snuffhouse Boxes: Red - Secondary dark / dessert snuff Orange - Impromptu blends (Thors Hammer and GH Cherry for example) Brown - coarse dark and rapees Sharrow Mills Slidebox: Dregs box P. Collins Double Slidebox: “White” side is SP or light coloured and lightly scented, “Black” side is darker / courser, but not too heavily scented (SG Vanilla for example)

1 Like

I just had an idea, I just took a Vitamin C tube BOX and put some of my snuff in it, it seems fine, the vitamin C tube should prevent from humidity and light plus it’s the size of a finger !

vitascorbol-sans-sucre-tamponnee-500mg

You just need to change the “C” to “N” :wink:

1 Like

And the “B” to “T” :wink:

VitaSNORTol

I don’t have any snuff boxes, but I use glitter mixing tubes I got from Michael’s art supply

I like using old toque tins. They’re decently durable and the screw top is a good design.

2 Likes

Yes, I reuse Toque tins too. Right now, aside from Toque products, they are currently housing: WoS Chocolate Orange WoS Butterscotch WoS Strawberry WoS Spearmint Plus WoS Morlaix WoS Irish Coffee WoS Coffee Cream JHW Top Mill No1 M&W Rumba M&W Citrus Delight McC Raspberry