What kind of flavors&scents do you want to see in snuff?

Like for instance i would like a snuff with a sweet candy corn scented snuff.Also a cotton candy snuff.Or maybe like a corn bread toast.Or a “Maui wowie” scent.I would love dat:) What would you people like to see in the future? [-O<

I don’t know but since you are Hawaiian I would think Kona and Macadamia would be the obvious first two to start with :wink:

4 Likes

Yup that’s what I’m talking about.Peace man :)>-

1 Like

I’d like to see a few more variations on hot and spicy snuff, a la Dragun, Fire Drac, or Bohica. Maybe a specifically jalapeno scented snuff? Peppers and coconut, like some Thai cuisine? Actually, I’m not sure about that one :wink:

Also, I’d really like a sage scented snuff. I think playing with more savory herbs in general could yield some fantastic snuffs. Maybe a caraway scented rye snuff?

2 Likes

I’ve always thought maple and bacon on a toast base would make a nice snuff. I’m going to try to figure out how to make it once my home-grown tobacco is ready.

@Shavasana: I noticed Gawith Hoggarth have some snuffs with a herbal component which also appeals to me. I have some Sea Breezes on the way to me, check out the reviews on Mr. Snuff.

1 Like

@Shavasana I’m with you on all counts.  I would love to see a snuff that captures the dark chocolate and chili combination without burning your face off.  As far as herbal themed snuffs, I also agree.  I’ve been using Toque Coltsfoot as a nice relaxing bedtime snuff for a while now, and would love to see some more in that genre.  Sage would be great.  Maybe a chamomile & peppermint snuff for the cold winter season?  Also, how about some “wood” snuffs?  There are a few snuffs out there (SWS Havana Toast, and all of the OM Cigar lines) that have cedar tones to them, so couldn’t the same thing (to one degree or another) be pulled off with different woody scents?  I’ve done it myself with my homemades, letting my tobacco flour sit for a month or more in a mason jar packed with pine pellets.  It was very nice, but I’m sure the professionals could do it much better!

1 Like

@Hitsuzen Oh man, chamomile and cedar are both excellent ideas! I can imagine a chamomile and honey scented snuff. Mmmmm…

I flavored snuff with root beer concentrate ; it turn out nice. http://lorannoils.com/ You can find flavors to create your own. Just use a plain snuff as the base ,add as little or as much as you like.Just be wise with essential oils 

2 Likes

Something I just can’t get: the scent of a fine cigar. I rolled a puro from well aged criollo 98, before lighting it I was sucking in it before I was able to go outside and I was getting notes of pure rich dark tobacco with hints of dark chocolate and other pleasant scents I don’t have the words for when I breathed the unlit draws out of my nose. I tried rolling the cigar so the blend was right and then pulverizing but it didn’t work. I tried adjusting the strong to weak ratios up and down but it still didn’t work. There is a solution somewhere but I haven’t found it. Another would be Copenhagen smell in the can.

@shavasana I’ve actually thought about hitting some snuff with fish sauce. Haven’t done it yet, but for those that grew up in Asian communities the scent of well rotted fish all bottled up can be divine hehe.

1 Like

@snuffsahoy I think I could dig on some fish sauce snuff. My first can of Dholakia White was pretty close.

@basement_shaman Your post just gave me hope for a post-snuffapocalyptic world, where they’ve banned all additive flavours in snuff.

I would like to have a light brown snuff flavoured with honey-mead for the winters. “Vikings gold”

3 Likes

Compost, manure and the scent of the first rain after a dry season with a hint of leather, the weirdest snuff’s makes a great all day snuff.

3 Likes

@snuffsahoy have you tried Toque Grapefruit? Somehow it hits me like a grapefruit flavored cigar. Very weird, I know, but the grapefruit seems to make the base taste very cigar like. Worth trying.

@Michael I brew mead at home, one of my current running experiments is with a plain mead and a carrotte of Bolivian criollo black and narrow leaf madole tobacco that I grew in 2014 that’s been aging since then. I’m going all out on this one so not rushing it, but I’ve been smelling it and the scent reminds me of perique and plums so far. We’ll see how that turns out, it’ll be done aging first week of December, will probably be ready to snuff Christmas. @snuffbox I’ll have to try that, not one I’d normally have considered, thank you

1 Like

@snuffsahoy That sounds fantastic. Don’t forget to write about it when it’s finished ! 

Another snuff I could imagine, would have a lemongrass/incense/violet scent.

1 Like

Sriracha!

No, not really.

I have an aftershave I make that is a delight to the senses, which have as fragrant components Bay Rum and a couple drops of Lime essential oil. I could dig a snuff like that, maybe with a grind and moisture similar to F&T Seville.

I think I could also enjoy a snuff reminiscent of Guerlain Shalimar (bergamot, iris, vanilla and amber).

3 Likes

The scent of Caramelized Onion , Bell Peppers and Steak frying.

4 Likes

Coconut ,Almond and Chocolate. 

4 Likes

New car scent.  Nothing artificial ever comes close, but if a snuff maker could nail it… yeah!

2 Likes