Mac Baren Acquires Brands from Imperial Tobacco

I just read this on pipesmagazine.comhttp://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-news/mac-baren-acquires-brands-from-imperial-tobacco/

Included in the brands now under MacBaren’s control is J&H Wilson snuff. I don’t recall MacBaren being in the snuff business so I wonder what this will mean for SP No. 1, Top Mill, and Medicated 99.

“We focus on the niche categories in which we are able to sustain and grow our businesses despite a declining total market.” 
Unless J&H Wilson sales go up It looks like they may drop it according to their business plan as stated in the first line. I could be wrong but it happens to plenty of snuffs since it such a selected market. Big business is about big profits and lose focus on the smaller production of snuff. When was the last time J&H Wilson came out with a new snuff? Most all the other large snuff manufacturers in certain countries have stepped up their game despite the niche market.

My suggestion is buy your lifetime supply now. Now is always the best time to buy; it rarely get less expensive.

Thanks for the heads up. Top Mill is a favorite of mine. Time to invest in a few cases. Mr. Snuff is going to love me this week.