The Snuff Version of "Limitless"?

Did you see the movie, “Limitless” a few years ago or later on video? It was quite popular in 2011. It starred Bradley Cooper and Robert DeNiro and I thought it was a great movie, but then, I am inclined to like movies of that sort. It was about a guy who was chronically depressed, being a struggling and failing author who found a drug that increased his intelligence to extreme levels, changed his life, and made him rich, charming, and successful. Since then, out here in the world, there are now several, what are called “Limitless drugs” on the market. They go under the names of Addium, Donepezil, Modafinil, and Nuvigil, for example. They are promoted as “Limitless drugs” in the attempt, I suppose, to capitalize on the movie’s popularity. I have not (and will not) tried any of them and I would be willing to bet that the big hype on these pills is nowhere near the actual results, and a far, far cry from NZT, the Limitless drug in the movie. Well, we snuff lovers may just be a bit ahead of this game. We all know the benefits of nicotine (when it is separated from cigarettes) in terms of increased memory and learning, enhanced ability to focus attention and better reaction times. See the links below: ---------------------------------------------------------------------- http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/will-a-nicotine-patch-make-you-smarter-excerpt/ http://www.snuffhouse.org/discussion/8779/need-to-convince-someone-of-the-benefits-of-nicotine-this-should-do-it#latest http://discovermagazine.com/2014/march/13-nicotine-fix http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/drugs-alcohol/nicotine-health-benefits.htm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Well, obviously, nicotine is no “Limitless drug” because nothing is that powerful and the movie was of course, a fantasy/science fiction excursion. But I have found for myself that nicotine does give my mental performance a small but noticeable boost. But I have also found that when nicotine is combined with powdered Ginseng taken as snuff, the effect is enhanced, as certain types of Ginseng, according to studies, also enhance mental capacity. See the link below, which contains other links: ------------------------------------------------------------------------ https://snuffhouse.vanillaforums.com/discussion/8704/ginseng-and-tobacco-snuff-an-unexpected-pleasure-long#latest ------------------------------------------------------------------------ For me, personally, and I am speaking for myself and not for anyone else, I have found that Ginseng and nicotine work quite well together, with Ginseng adding feelings of well being and the capacity for enhanced conceptual thought to nicotine’s effects. I am not, in any way, recommending anyone else try this. I am merely reporting what I have found for myself. I do not do this every day but only a couple of times a month at most. But each time I do so, I find that I am pleased with the effects. I have found that Rustica and powdered Ginseng mix and blend well together although they need some flavor to make it more palatable. Ginseng also has quite a bitter back drip and bitter taste on the tongue. I was by no means the first to discuss this combination of nicotine and ginseng here on Snuffhouse as there were a few before me. But I thought it might be interesting to some of us here on Snuffhouse to renew the discussion in the context of current trends since the Limitless movie led to the aforementioned recent concoctions. Any comments you have or any experience you have with combining these two are welcome.

I think I will mix some up and give it a go. Without nicotine I 'd be a blithering idiot. Also unpleasant company. I do need something to lift the fog. Thanks for the REMINDER

@basement_shaman: Thank you, my friend. Let us know how it turns out.

I do love @fredh 's posts… :slight_smile: Always very thought provoking and interesting/informative, I remember reading the snuff and ginseng one some many moons back. I have periodically taken ginseng tea for periods, though am not currently. Never tried snuffing it; maybe it’s time I did! :slight_smile: I do find that tobacco gives a mental ‘sharpening’ effect, especially when inhaled or chewed. I find that smoking gives a more subduing/relaxed feeling - I guess this is purely due to the addition of carbon dioxide into the mix along with the other associated chemical gasses that arise from combustion [?]. I did find that St. John’s wort tea did have a significant affect on me when I took that previously.

I’ve not sampled any ginseng snuff products, but I find I get a good slap of alertness by adding a little rustica to a snuff. It does however seem to have a bit of a “come down” later, so not one I’d use with frequency or quantity unless I was battling smoking withdrawals, in which case it’s better than chewing off the face of anyone in a 100 yard radius

http://addium.com/ sounds like hype to me. I like the way I am, flawed and foggy at times.

http://addium.com/ sounds like hype to me. I like the way I am, flawed and foggy at times.

Hi @mouse. That addium stuff sounds like hype to me as well.

I’ve not sampled any ginseng snuff products, but I find I get a good slap of alertness by adding a little rustica to a snuff. It does however seem to have a bit of a “come down” later, so not one I’d use with frequency or quantity unless I was battling smoking withdrawals, in which case it’s better than chewing off the face of anyone in a 100 yard radius

Hmmm, interesting observation about a “come down” @50ft_trad as I find that too much snuffing in a period of time produces this effect. And it makes logical sense that the come down would be more apparent in a high nicotine tobacco such as rustica. Thanks for pointing this out.

I do love @fredh 's posts… :slight_smile: Always very thought provoking and interesting/informative, I remember reading the snuff and ginseng one some many moons back. I have periodically taken ginseng tea for periods, though am not currently. Never tried snuffing it; maybe it’s time I did! :slight_smile: I do find that tobacco gives a mental ‘sharpening’ effect, especially when inhaled or chewed. I find that smoking gives a more subduing/relaxed feeling - I guess this is purely due to the addition of carbon dioxide into the mix along with the other associated chemical gasses that arise from combustion [?]. I did find that St. John’s wort tea did have a significant affect on me when I took that previously.

Thanks @MisterPaul. I have always enjoyed your posts as well. What kind of effect did you experience from St. John’s wort? You mentioned it was significant but you did not say how. Thanks again.

@fredh - I took St. John’s wort for a period of several months for what I can best describe as it’s mood stabilising qualities, as I have a tendency to become periodically despondent/depressed sometimes. Typically, I tend to stave off the highs and lows of these period with drinking alcohol, but this is a rather ‘double-edged’ remedy for these problems (and is considered as an issue in itself by my good lady). St. John’s wort did stabilise my moods effectively, I wasn’t sad or over animated, and didn’t feel inclined to drink; but I did find it difficult to find ‘joy’ in things after a time. Due to that I stopped taking it, although I may take it up again in the future at a reduced dose.

Thank you @MisterPaul. I appreciate your sharing of your experience. I have wondered about St. John’s wort several times in terms of the effects that it has on mood. You have taught me quite a bit with your story. Thanks for taking the time.

YYSmileyFace Snuff ? I been using Ginseng,rustica and black joe menthol 50:35:15 and noticed no effects so far. Maybe I should go one step farther with some B12, Guarana,Vinpocetine,Ginkgo.

YYSmileyFace Snuff ? I been using ginseng,rustica and black joe menthol 50:35:15 and noticed no effects so far. Maybe I should go one step farther with some B12, Guarana,Vinpocetine,Ginkgo.

Something sounds wrong here. With ginseng, in my experience, I feel the effects of snuffing powdered ginseng within 10 or so seconds. From everything I have read, the biggest problem with ginseng is actually getting the stuff that is potent, as most of the ginseng out there is poor quality and without potency–in other words worthless. I don’t know if this is what you are experiencing @basement_shaman but perhaps it is something to consider. As I said in my original post on ginseng and snuff, I found out about ginseng by snuffing it straight a few times and I experienced a flat out considerable euphoric effect that quite surprised me. The key to potent ginseng is the presence, or not, of psychoactive compounds called ginsenosides which are the active ingredients of Ginseng. There are about 15 or 20 of these. Unfortunately, also from what I have read, manufacturers commonly lie about the amount of ginsenosides in their ginseng product. The stuff I use has a 7% ginsenoside content. I only know it is potent because when I snuffed it straight, I was amazed at what happened. It is probably better to quote what I wrote in the original post on ginseng, back in March of 2014. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- “I took about 5 pinches of the ginseng powder as I could not detect anything in the usual time [having tried one pinch] in which effects would become noticeable with tobacco snuff. After a short delay of 10 to 15 seconds (longer than compared to nicotine), I found myself spontaneously starting to smile (in spite of myself) and experienced a distinct euphoria (this is also a documented effect of ginseng). This was accompanied by a feeling a well being, mental clarity, and a general “all is well” type of attitude. I experienced no physical energizing feeling, that for me, is found in nicotine. The effect was consistent over several episodes of snuffing this powder. To provide some background, I have never taken or snorted cocaine, meth, heroin or any other illegal drug (other than marijuana 40+ years ago), and I do not ever intend to. So I have nothing to compare this experience with in terms of intensity or magnitude of euphoria. Having said that, I can say that the euphoria from ginseng was quite noticeable and quite pleasant. I cannot speak for any cognitive improvements as such things are difficult to discern–probably because I am not smart enough.” --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sooooo… to check this out, I just a minute ago went and took another 5 pinches in a row of the ginseng 7% that I have. I had not done this since March of 2014. And once again, I experienced that euphoric feeling that I described in the above quote. I am now thinking that since 7% is not a high percentage of ginsenoside and I just happen to have an unopened package of powdered ginseng with 10% ginsenosides. I am now wondering if I should now try that to see if there is any difference. For all I know, the 10% stuff is poorer quality and less potent than the 7% stuff, as I have no way of knowing. In addition, there could be a placebo effect operative here as well but I doubt it in this case. Placebo only works when you don’t know if you are taking a placebo, and in any case, I am pretty sensitive to the effects of various mild, legal, drugs such as the nicotine strength and so on. I hope you don’t mind my comments here, Shaman, but that’s all I’ve got at this point.

I had lost a lot of blood while recovering from my first surgery ,I needed 7 units I got 4. I think this is where my problem started, plus months of pain killers and 4 times under the knife anesthesia. I haven’t been right since. I will probable have to consult a doctor; self medicating just isn’t working.

I had lost a lot of blood while recovering from my first surgery ,I needed 7 units I got 4. I think this is where my problem started, plus months of pain killers and 4 times under the knife anesthesia. I haven’t been right since. I will probable have to consult a doctor; self medicating just isn’t working.

That sounds like a wise course of action to me.

Interesting thread ! I have to get some ginseng and see for myself if I notice any instant effects. I guess it burns alot in the nose, so you have to be aware that the pain in the nose alone releases alot of endorphins and dopamine. I tried “Phenibut” a few times in very low doses which helped me extremely to write focused and carefree when I was irritated, stressed or tired. It relieves you of any anxiety or stress within a few hours. It’s sold as a health supplement/cognitive enhancer, but it’s a pretty strong drug after all, you have to be very careful with this stuff. edit: Oh I forgot to mention that it makes you able to score with every woman you want, relieves you of any inhibitions, makes you witty and confident, makes you experience visuals and music with much more positive emotions, and turns nightmares in your sleep, which is now very deep and recreative, into awesome dreams where you just fly around feeling awesome. On the other hand, you will have a bad hangover on the next day if you took too much, it’s also addictive after more than 2-3 times use in a row and since you manipulate your GABAergic system, the withdrawal effects would be a nightmare of the exact opposite of the effects I mentioned above. I’m glad I never experienced it but I read alot about it.

The white snuffs are rumored to contain small amounts of herbs like ginger and ginseng, I certainly find a small pinch of white snuff fundamentally different in feeling from any amount of any other type of snuff. It’s like being near-sighted and putting on glasses, everything comes into focus.

The white snuffs are rumored to contain small amounts of herbs like ginger and ginseng, I certainly find a small pinch of white snuff fundamentally different in feeling from any amount of any other type of snuff. It’s like being near-sighted and putting on glasses, everything comes into focus.

My understanding is that the white snuffs contain a good portion of tobacciana rustica tobacco, which in turn contains substances called harmala alkaloids which are not found in the more commonly used tobacciana tabacum that is found in most snuffs. That may be the difference you notice in the white snuffs. It is my opinion that the harmala alkaloids, which are psychoactive stimulant substances often used in shamanic rituals, may be what is causing the effects that you attribute to ginger and ginseng in the white snuffs. If you are right in saying that the white snuffs contain ginger and ginseng this would be news to me as that is not my understanding at all. But hey, I am always willing to learn. Nonetheless, I do not seem to experience the ginseng effect from the white snuffs. Personally, I like to combine rustica with ginseng and I have found that there is a distinct difference between the effects of the two, but that the two combine, align, and work together, for me, quite well. And your metaphor of putting on glasses seems to me a fitting description. So thank you for that @horus92. FWIW

I don’t think Limitless is so wide of the mark. We all know about nicotine and Parkinson’s, well L-Dopa (L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine) a similar but much more powerful drug has had a number of spin-offs that all look promising. If we can increase our brain function by just 10% think of the possibilities.

Hi @Roderick. It will be a great day when our crazy society acknowledges the importance of nicotine in terms of its many health benefits. But for a while longer, we must endure this ignorance that is spurred by zealots and supported by idiots. However, having said that, I personally believe that it is unfortunate that nicotine is still strongly associated with cigarettes and needs to be freed of this association if it will ever gain the recognition and respect it deserves. It was a wise man who once said, “Don’t smoke, snuff Toque.” ^:)^ :-bd