Do we have a right to know what is in it?

I’d like to know what is in snuffs. I’am happy as is however. Though the more you know about what you put in your body the better. I’am somewhat of a health nut and definatly limit my intact of lots of things. I would definatly disappointing to find out that certain things I avoid in foods are in snuff. Though in foods I worry about natural flavors more then artifical flavors (they can actualy put worse things in food under natural flavors then they can with artifical flavors.)

cheapish cigars have a label on the side saying these cigars are predominantly natural tobacco with non tobacco ingredients added whats in those ?

ground up folks

… and Chinese newspapers and apple cores.

and snakes and snails and puppy dog tails.

Brb, have to make a soylant green sandwich.

honestly, what all could they really put in snuff? fake menthol? preservatives? aspartimine? splenda? red #44?

Oh boy…now I’m looking up anatto for a nice red-orange snuff.

I figure as long as its all natural stuff, I don’t really care. If something like aspartame or whatever starts to get put in it, then I’d like to know.

it might be prudent to list ingredients, at least on websites. On the tub could be helpful should you ever find yourself in an unpleasant misunderstanding with law enforcement (yes I got thoroughy blasted in another thread for even thinking about this) and the manufacturers might be safer too (the first time somebody takes snuff in their nose and has an allergic reaction to something in it we might all be done for right there, and I personally would not want to use snuff that has some certain food coloring or some other silliness in it) I think we’ve got a bunch of pretty honest manufacturers right now, but I’m just not one to want to trust everything to 'the goodness of others" (I’ve never been broken into and robbed yet I always lock my door etc) Yes, America is the land of people suing other people for their coffee being too hot etc (wonder when somebody’s gonna drive off the road while sniffing and then we’ll have “danger may cause sneezing”) and if we’ve already got to carry a label damning us all to cancer and other health risks, actually displaying the ingredients I think might kind of make a nice counter remark showing how silly the warning labels are

I really don’t give a darn, it helped me give up smoking (going on a month). That’s good enough for me.

1 Like

@ Yimes, NUTZ…

@# whistlrr I think that might actually tickle me to see on a tin of snuff “danger may cause sneezing”. lol

@ibild, Really great addition to the discussion. At least Saucy_jack formed a sentence. For those of you who do not care what you put in your body, good for you. I personally have responsibilities to my family and employees that make me care. This is why I switched to Nasal Snuff from American Dip. I suspect there are others that have made the same switch because they do care. By the way, I am not obsessed by this, I have switched to 100% nasal snuff and I do not plan to stop anytime soon.

Of course you have the right to know. What you do with that knowledge is your own business.

@ Yimes Sorry buddy didn’t know you wanted a sentence. Well how about a question; the American dip does it have a list of ingredients? Now I could have said a lot more but saw others already said what i would have said. However I did notice they all left out one word; NUTZ. So I added it!!!

@ibild, I actually took the time to answer your question: From the US Smokeless website. Skoal Long Cut Wintergreen Ingredients * Water * Tobacco * Salt (Sodium Chloride) * Natural and Artificial Flavors * Ethyl Alcohol * Sodium Carbonate * Ammonium Carbonate * Sodium Saccharin * Preservatives

I might be slightly interested to know what is in my snuff. But, right now I would like to keep snuff and other smokeless tobacco products as far off the radar as possible. This 1147 bill and other bullshit that is circulating around is exactly why I don’t want the government any more involved in my tobacco consumption than they already are.

1 Like

@snuffegnugen: Agreed

I stopped smoking by using snus. I was impressed that they list what is in their products, and by Swedish law they have to. I like my Swedish snus and snuff and I belive it’s far healthier for me than smoking was. But I too would prefer not to use a product that is filled with chemicals that could effect my health.