Do we have a right to know what is in it?

Right does not necessarily equal law. I personally think if we are spending money to buy a product to consume, we, as consumers, have a right to know what is in it. Thank you Roderick, although I already knew that just from using your product! I agree that I am not concerned about Toque and WOS, some of the other companies, especially from places where standards are not as strict, are the ones I would be most curious about.

Dude, life’s a risk. You kind of have to get over it - unless you’re american than you can ask all the questions you want. In the meantime I don’t want my snuff tins having ingredients labels like bottles of diet cokes.

Gotta agree with Jack on this one.

I like the way Jaap Bes does it. On his web site he lists whats in each of his snuffs so if you care you can go there and look. That also helps you decide if you would like a particular snuff.

I’m glad diet coke has to list its ingredients. Hence, I know that it contains aspartame. Knowing this, I choose not to put it in my body. (as if the taste wasn’t enough to keep me away)

No disrespect, but we are adult tobacco users, just enjoy. I agree we have a moral right as consumers I just mean don’t let it spoil your enjoyment.

There is a certain amount that is proprietary to the manufacturer. Even on things like Coca Cola it list things like “Natural and Artificial Flavoring” but that doesn’t mean they have to tell you what that flavoring is.

Some of the stuff I’ve put in my body over the last 25 years makes snuff look like a candy bar, so I couldn’t care less what’s in it. Thankfully it’s only snuff going in me now and, I’m happy about that! :slight_smile:

I also am rather a purist, as probably many of you are. I just hope to be avoiding ingesting much in the way of chemical additives in snuff, smoke, food and drink, but it’s not always convenient to do so. And also agree that sometimes it’s worth the risk if you really like something. Maybe I didn’t make any new points here… O.K. I guess I have one legitimate question here, what about the menthol? I assume it is still naturally sourced from peppermint or cornmint. Or camphor, is it still natural camphor- or the cheap synthetic stuff used in some products these days?

Toque menthol is 100% natural menthol and, Ozona President can have what it likes in it :slight_smile: I don’t care if it is chemicals or not? (i guess not) i love it!

Watch the film on the Poschl site, it states that all the flavouring is natural ‘ethereal oils’. I don’t know the regs around snuff production, but I doubt there is anything untowards in any European or US snuffs.

Why don’t we know what the laws are? I’m sure they are there.

I’ve got to say, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to want to know what you’re putting in your body. I don’t think yimes is being a ‘‘killjoy’’ in that wish. Besides, I’m sure that snuff manufacturers are all above board, just like Roderick and Jaap and have nothing to hide. Right?

I’d like to know what is in snuffs. I’am happy as is however. Though the more you know about what you put in your body the better. I’am somewhat of a health nut and definatly limit my intact of lots of things. I would definatly disappointing to find out that certain things I avoid in foods are in snuff. Though in foods I worry about natural flavors more then artifical flavors (they can actualy put worse things in food under natural flavors then they can with artifical flavors.)

cheapish cigars have a label on the side saying these cigars are predominantly natural tobacco with non tobacco ingredients added whats in those ?

ground up folks

… and Chinese newspapers and apple cores.

and snakes and snails and puppy dog tails.

Brb, have to make a soylant green sandwich.

honestly, what all could they really put in snuff? fake menthol? preservatives? aspartimine? splenda? red #44?