NTSU

very helpful nicola037 I have tried some of the ones you mentioned, I do like the grunt, and the dholkia white although I get no scent at all from it. Rooster was good for nicotine but I did not care for the BBQ scent. I have been meaning to try the Three Thistles so I will put that one in my next order along with Dholkia sandlewood. I have not heard of this Maccaboy so will need to see if I can find some of that, I do like rose scents. I sure wish they could make something like NTSU that smells like a F&T

Navy Plain has very little smoke flavour and is easy snuffed for a scotch. The nic level is good. If it smells like cat pee, just let it air a bit and that will subside.

is there really another Can fan on her. Tago Mago is an amazing album.

@ Bob I’m a Can fanatic, and have been since I got my first copy of Ege Bamyesi in 1972. Tago Mago was more of a myth than a record you could touch or play back then; you couldn’t find a copy to save your life. I collect vinyl records, and I now have at least two very early pressings of each of their first five classic albums. One of the crown jewels of my collection is an early French UA pressing in VG++ condition of Tago Mago with the Orange/White cover that every Can fan has come to know and love. Early UK pressings come in weird flip top jacket with a picture of the band playing taken from behind. I also have first pressings of all the early Amon Duul II albums, including a mint Liberty copy of “Yeti.” Back in the day, we didn’t call it “krautrock.” It was acid rock to us, and the other esoteric five star bands in that category were Hawkwind, Van der Graaf Generator and Ash Ra Tempel. Hawkwind isn’t that hard to find, but if you have a copy of the first Ash Ra Tempel album in playable condtion, you can get $300 for it even on a very bad ebay day. EX copies go for over $450. The best snuff for listening to music of that sort is 5 Photo Himalaya Super in my opinion, or maybe one of the home blends discussed on the “Shamanic Snuffs” thread. I guess my first research project will be to insert a plug of NTSU and see how the 18 minute monster funk groove of “Halleluwah” sounds All vinyl records should be listened to on a Linn LP12 for best results ; )

grinding and airing out ntsu is wack! take it like a man, straight up

I just got my NTSU, and I hope the people who suggest that it be taken straight up and not aired out aren’t being sarcastic. I’m “manning up” right now with a NAS U.S. Blend Hand Rolled Unfiltered in preparation. Come to think of it, I’m enjoying a “real” smoke so much, I think I’ll wait until tomorrow. I’ve been smoking NAS store bought menthols when I wanted a smoke, and my own unfiltered U.S. Blend’s really take the cake, even though they’re non-mentholated. Furthermore, with NAS tobacco, I can run 5 miles tomorrow morning no problem. Health Cigarettes!

I’ve tried Babaton and Taxi Red, which seem to be very similar to peoples’ descriptions of NTSU. (I’ve enjoyed them so much that I ordered one of every SA snuff that Tom carries) If Ntsu really is like Taxi and Babaton, I assure you they’re not being sarcastic; taking it as coarse and moist as it comes will be an outstanding experience. Take Xander’s advice and cram your nose full of it and pinch the receiving nostril shut long enough to absorb enough moisture that the snuff stays put. I think I may easily become addicted to this. I got my tin of Taxi on Friday and it’s almost half gone already…

can is amazing. Always considered them more of acid rock thing for sure. The maddest record collector I’ve ever known probably has ash ra tempels first album. This guy has so much stuff I’ve never heard of. Unfortunatly he’s a very annoying person to spend time with. Though he’s college radio station is definatly worth checking out (he’s the guy that turned me onto hawkwind by the way.)

I just got my three tins of Taxi Red and 6 containers of NTSU regular, but I’m afraid to use them since it’s almost 1AM. I can’t wait! Thanks to everyone for the recommendations. @bob I’ve been listening to Dylan, The Dead and Gram Parsons the last few days, but this weekend I have a pyschedelic sweat lodge planned, and although 90s avant noise like Flying Saucer Attack and Bardo Pond is on the main menu, I suspect I can slip some Can in for dessert. My younger friends demand noisier fare, as it happens, so I’ll have to wait until they can’t tell the difference. Record geeks and old skool hi fi snobs can be annoying. I used to be a DJ for awhile at KCSU in Ft. Collins CO, and I’m a Linnie, so I’m afflicted with both disorders myself. If you think a snuff addiction is bad, get into ebay record auctions and then start upgrading your LP12!

I just opened up my NTSU, let it sit for about three minutes, and did a small pinch in each nostril. I had no trouble getting it in my nose, but I’m glad I started with a small pinch. I have no idea where all the ions and molecules are in relation to regular snuff, but it provides one of the most interesting sensations I’ve ever had. The way it makes your nose run is insane; I would not want to use it in public, and no snuff has even come close to affecting my nose the way this one does. It doesn’t burn, it stings like hell. I capped it right back up to keep whatever is in there in there. The “catbox” smell is irrelevant; I agree that it should not be aired out nor ground up. Think of it as chocolate cake that has been annointed by some Egyptian Cat Goddess. It is some seriously mystical stuff. The less said about it, the better.

So it came from Bastet’s litter box?

I have to admit, I had to look that up. And now that I have, I find the thought strangely erotic. Which makes me even more inclined to lock the smash boxes up in a hermitically sealed device to keep that scent IN. And order a few more.

I love Bastet, but I love Apis a bit more.

I just received my mega-order, and the first on the “must try” list was this monster. I am inclined to agree totally and completely with all of Xander’s thoughts. This stuff is to be treasured. This is what god was thinking when he put tobacco on earth! Curing!? We don need no steenkin curing! Ammonia hit is wonderful! To dry this or grind this is and would be heresy. As I type this, I’m in tobacco heaven!

1 Like

Is Taxi Apis’ leftovers, Chris?

Welcome to paradise, Zanaspus!

Taxi is the product of the leftovers.

brand new fresh NTSU, trying for the first time… yep, definate ammonia there an itty bitty nearly microscopic tip of the czech tool sniffed in each nostril (and it stayed!) I got a little bit of clear discharge (not the usual tobacco juice) and I immediately had to go to the bathroom (pretty sure that wasn’t a coincidence) wasn’t even really enough to smell it, buts impact is there and its way too soon to tell off such a one time really itty bitty (that was about the smallest possible amount there could be) and I don’t know why or what the deal is, but this is easier to use to me than taxi and I think I could learn to like this very possibly real quick

You could take it when in Sirshasana position (yoga head stand) :wink: I take it often after using a neti pot, that way it stays in my nose and the effect is doubled as far as nicotine is concerned. Have used it mixed with some schmalzler, also to keep it in the nose, not bad at all.

NTSU is currently right up there if its not my favorite then its certainly neck and neck for it (I wish NTSU came in bigger containers)