Civette Extrafein

I have been thinking about ordering some Civette Extrafein on my next order, but have been wondering if it is worth the price when I can buy an American scotch for one fourth the price per gram. Any opinions?

I would have to say Civette Extrafein is well worth the money.

Like anything, it depends on how much money you want to spend and how badly you want it. There is no doubt that Civette Extrafein is a nice snuff, but it is definitely overpriced. (Blame Bernards, not their distributors.) I splurge on it occasionally, but then it is not one of my favorites. At $6.70 or so for 14g, I prefer to buy a larger tin from WoS, F & T, Toque, et al. American scotches are wonderful – and the price is unbeatable. Still, you only live once, so spending $6.70 on 14g of snuff isn’t a huge sacrifice.

Thanks for the info.

I second what kjo said. Its a good snuff but if you’re pinching pennies there are much more better buys for your dollar. Glad I tried it tho.

@kjoerup Hmm, I have to defend Bernards a bit. The suggested price in Germany is 3,35 € for the 14g bottle, whereas it´s 1,85 € for Pöschl´s Ozona President for instance.

the glass bottle it comes in is rather nifty still says made in w. germany on it

1 Like

I say get the Extrafein and forget the pariser if you have to choose. And although you can compare it to an american scotch by price, to me that’s as far as the comparison goes. Civette is a pretty unique snuff. It’s got this earthy tone, with a hint of burnt something. Anyway, for what’s it’s worth, I’m pushing 200 varieties and this one doesn’t taste much like anything else in my collection.

I’m becoming a snuff tin/bottle/plastic dispenser collector. I have about two trash bags of tins in my attic already in the strange hope they will become collectible goodies once the tax nazis destroy our cheap haven of bliss. Anyway, ‘snuffegnugen’ is correct. Grab a bottle of Civette and don’t look back. A pack of cancer-stick cigarettes would cost as much as the most expensive tin/bottle of snuff. Unless you are dirt poor and living off of toaster shakings and microwave scrapings like me every day then live it up and buy some.

mmm, toaster shakings snuff. I’ll call it Irish Low Toast.

@xander…very good!

It is totally disappointing this snuff Not too much flavour and it lasts 2 or 3 seconds in my nose Delusion

@schmalzlerfranzl I would consider the point of purchase before drawing any definite conclusions. I have noticed variations in Bernard which I attributed to age. In other words, the seller was not cycling the stock or did not have a sale to get rid of older product. This problem seems particularly acute with tap boxes.

2 Likes

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civette I knew civette sounded familiar. Is this what the snuff is named after. It would make sense then for it to have a weird almost natural tobacco smell that’s a bit musky.

@SammyD13 I purchased it directly from snuffstore.de and they have always fresh snuff

1 Like

@schmalzlerfranzel I have seen mixed reviews on this snuff and have been on the fence about buying it due to the high price. After what you have said, I will probably scratch it off my list. It hurts having to pay dearly in search of favorites.

1 Like

@SammyD13 Yep I do not suggest you to buy this snuff but I always say to try every snuff by yourself

1 Like