Camel Snus sold in the US

shikitohno beat me to the punch on that one. Can only add that I made quite a few efforts myself to try to answer those questions mcosta. The fact that RJR has no transparency AT ALL with regards to the Camel Crap products is a good indicator to stay well away!!

American Camel Snus is not made in Sweden. There is a Swedish Camel Snus that is far superiour, and like regular Swedish snus. You will get a nicotine effect, I believe(I did), if you are not a regular oral tobacco user.

Aye that tom502 If memory serves it’s made by British American Tobacco for RJR.

thanks for the feedback guys. looks like im passing on the camel snus.

Hate to have incorrect info, even if it is regarding something I wouldn’t wish on anyone :wink: Appears BAT no longer makes it. RJR has apparently moved production of the Camel Snus products to N. Carolina.Camel Snus Info

so is camel really pasturized?

I would guess yes. I don’t expect much, but I am curious to try the new Camel Robust Large snus. It’s very new and very limited area.

Again, RJR is not very forthcoming with specifics. That said, this Healthline article states that the TSNA’s are markedly lower then in Copenhagen and Kodiak so it might actually be processed in the traditional manner. Just don’t know for sure…

^ speaking of dips like cope and kodiak, how much of that crap do u gotta use to start getting cancers?

You accidentally referred to Copenhagen as crap^

hehehe Don’t know how much of that “crap” is required for the oral cancers, can’t tolerate the taste so I just stick with the Swedish snus.

hey im just calling it what it is.

Because I like something does not make it a wonderful thing. Because I dislike something, or it doesn’t agree with my tastes, doesn’t make it crap. The quality of a product is there when it’s passed on to the public, whether you ‘like’ it or not.If a product is poor quality, natural selection sets in and pretty soon the manufacturer will wonder why his product’s not leaving the stores. Copenhagen will never be snus. It’s not trying to be, to the best of my knowledge.It’s surely competing with it. Maybe someday US Smokeless will get a young punk in marketing and quickly throw a ‘Copenhagen Snus’ on the market that he believes people will ‘like’ without making a quality product and then the same candy-coated scenario will roll out that you’re seeing with Camel. But for now, they do their best to produce a quality dip-style tobacco product and their sales reflect that. They make quite a few flavors (Cope and Skoal ,that is). I would hope there would be one or two in the bunch you may like, Mcosta. Maybe you’ve tried them all and found none to your liking?

Ive used all skoals, only straight and mint are decent. The fruit flavours are gross and just remind me even more that this stuff is rotting away at my teeth while it sits in my lip. Cope snuff is actually kinda good tasting but i still look at it as trash lol. Seriously, open up a can of copenhagen snuff and smell it, why doesnt it smell even slightly like tobacco? im not a dipper anyway… ive polished off about 12 cans in my life

Yes, smells like an old Bourbon keg! @mcosta I agree with you partly. There are some in the Skoal line that I don’t care for.I think they are still a good quality product, though. I will have to get some real snus soon. All I’ve ever had is Camel and a very old tin of General. So if I was asked to do a review of if snus in general was any good, it would be a very slanted, negative opinion. LOL! I know there is quality snus out there, it’s just a matter of getting around to buying it. I wouldn’t worry too much about receeding gums, teeth and cancer too much. There will always be a little risk in whatever a fellow decides to do. The risks for me are surely less than huffing a “fire safe fag” 40 times a day into my lungs.Everyone has choices…

I mentioned to the guy at the local cig shop that I’d quit using snus (that is, when I’m not at said cig shop buying cigs for a bar night, hehehe) and he gave me a free can of Camel Frosted. Hey, if you like a breath mint that comes in a pouch and sits under your lip, they’re good for that but not much else. The only person who was able to detect any nicotine was a guy here who used to dip 15+ years ago but hasn’t since. He liked the tin. I said, here ya go. Have the ‘snus’ too. (A week later I gave him a Röda Lacket and he immediately had to sit down to stop the room from spinning. Heeeeeee…)

I still wait, maybe forever, for a big name US tobacco brand to make a real snus that is comparable, maybe better, I’d like to see it, than the top Swedish brands. Seems all they wanna do it make little breath mint candies, and if they had any knowledge of real snus, they would not have done this, well, maybe they think Americans would only like it if it was super sweet like candy. But I think they also know the sale of real imported snus, and maybe they will change.

It confuses me too. I wonder who their aimed at???

I 'spect they’re aimed at those who don’t think past the end of their, well, noses?

I’d guess mostly 20-something hipsters that are tired of having people give them a hard time for smoking but don’t want to quit. People my age grew up with damn near everything being sickeningly sweet if it was meant to be eaten. I’m glad I stopped eating it all for a while, because I’m healthier for it, and honestly, sweet all the time tastes like crap.