TAXI

The user and all related content has been deleted.

BIG D, try some peach and red mixed…awesome!!!

I just did some Taxi Menthol I just got from MrSnuff along with his other S. African snuffs. I like it, but it’s very different, and my question is, the “menthol”, has an odd cleaner type essence, which to me isn’t bad, but could this actually be the amonia I hear so much about, or is it just how it is?

tom502, I can’t tell whether it’s ammonia/amonia. What I can tell you is that Taxi Menthol is the only snuff I dumped after one pinch.

Sacrilege!

I have to admit that Taxi is the one snuff that I didn’t like at all. Remember that childhood time-telling singsong about it being “half past the monkey’s ass”? Well, I had totally forgotten about that little nonsense rhyme. That is, until I opened a tin of Taxi Red, and, out of nowhere, that rhyme just came flooding into my head. I think there’s even a time and place for the most sickeningly sweet American scotches, but I just can’t hack Taxi. No way, no how.

Well, I just picked up the Taxi Red and Taxi Green from Mr. Snuff and I like 'em both. I find the taxi green to be like a toned down version of NTSU menthol. I have tried the Taxi Spearmint before, which I got from UK snuff store. Unfortunately that tin was not near as moist as these new ones I just picked up. While the spearmint was okay, I imagine it would have been even better had it been as fresh and moist as the ones I just got.

I like the Taxis too, even the menthol, but that menthol is still a bit odd, and not like most menthols. I thought maybe it was ammonia I was smelling, but I let the wife smell it, and she said it smelled like mentholyptus. But as I think right now, the only one I’d rebuy, of the new S.Africans that just became available is the Venters. The Singletons Super Menthol is missing the super, big time, it’s very very slight in menthol.

How does the Venter’s compare with other camphor/menthol snuffs? I do enjoy GH CM and SG Zip so I was wondering if it’s worth my while getting hold of some of the Venter’s.

Well… it is unique, but that’s the grind and moisture, with is pretty coarse and high, but the scent/essence is very nice and cooling. Different than the Euro snuffs, but very pleasing, and quite strong for an SA menthol.

@Tom, Did you get both Singletons? I got both, one comes in a round green dispenser with a snuff hole similar to the Ozona, and the other is in one of those Taxi like tins. I don’t much care for the one in the Taxi-like tub, but the other one is great. Good flavor, little better grind.

what happened to the magnet??? I only tried it once but it was really awesome.

Magnet is still available at the UK snuff store, I have never tried it though.

Snuffe- yeah, I have both. The one with the rotating lid is indeed very good, good menthol, and dry medium grind. The other one is severly lacking in menthol, I stirred in some O&G, just wanting to give it some menthol cool to it.

So today, over my lunch break, I discovered the package that arrived for me in the mail, kindly set on my desk by my wife before she left the house. I excitedly ripped it open, rooting through the packaging peanuts and removing each tin and inspecting, per tradition. At the bottom, was my first can of Taxi Red. I tore the cellophane off, and pried the lid free, revealing the coarse, wet contents. With no regard for my safety, I proceeded to ram 2 giant pinches per nostril up my nose (no nic for six and a half hours before that, and a completely clean nose) The ammonia burned my sinuses, and I was overcome by the deep, earthy tobacco, with, as I’ve said elsewhere, a subtle nuance of chocolate. Then the nicotine started to flow. A smile came across my face. This is some awesome stuff. Now, in the spirit of becoming, instantly I might add, a lover of South African Tobaccos, I’ve placed an order for 2 Babaton, 2 NTSU, and one more Taxi Red (the Babaton and the NTSU were both out of stock when I was ordering the first time.) My wife is going to kill me, and I no longer care, as I’ll be dancing with the TAXI.

_I proceeded to ram 2 giant pinches per nostril up my nose (no nic for six and a half hours before that, and a completely clean nose)_You did that standing up? Good grief, man! That’s a dangerous thing to do!

1 Like

I 100% LOVE IT :slight_smile:

Xander, I was standing, and I managed to sniff some Dholakia White a few minutes later, and I still made it back to work. I was feeling pretty good though!

1 Like

I really like Tasi but often wish it was less coarse. Has anyone here ground theirs to what they found to be more suitable grind?

1 Like

It’s ok but not something I use regularly.  It’s a lot like snuffing Copenhagen long cut basically; great nicotine hit but makes my nose disgusting real quickly.