DIY snuff spoons

Here is a post with some of our homemade spoons. Snuff Spoons

Here are some I made a while back. I have made one more but I had about 6 of them that fell apart before I got them done. Here is a link: http://snuffhouse.org/discussion/1675/wooden-snuff-spoons-what-do-yall-know/#Item\_8

Plastic collar stays are perfect and slip right into the wallet. They don’t break, can reach way down in snuff tubes and the pointy end is perfect for filling bullets. I doubt a better snuff spoon was ever made and if you insist on precious metals, they come in silver too.

I made a cool little spoon out of JB weld. It works great!

1 Like

One day I was searching for something in my kitchen to use as a makeshift snuff spoon and discovered that an upside down plastic spoon/fork handle worked perfectly and measured the right amount of snuff. I cut off the spoon end and now have a 3 inch long snuff spoon that has been in use for 3-4 months at home. Away from home, I simply snuff off the back of my hand.

When I need a snuff spoon, I just use the flat part of a pipe nail. It works well, it costs 1 dollar, and is available at any tobacco store.

I stole Troutstroker’s plans and made a tiny snuff spoon (small enough to fit in the opening of a 10 gram Poschl’s box) out of a copper wire. It works but Trout’s is much prettier.

I’ve taken a regular nail and hammered the blunt end to make it flat. It works very nicely and requires no skill, and is dirt cheap to make.

@ donjorge: You are describing a home made pipe nail. I just pay the 89 cents at my local tobacco store and buy a pipe nail and use it for a snuff spoon.

I’ve realized that but I’ve never actually decided to buy a legit pipe nail for that purpose. I tend to just use my finger for tamping and if the shank needs some poking a wooden match works fine. I do have one of the cool vintage style reamers though. I’ve used alot of things as a snuff spoon before, even my keys. Any of you guys ever grown a snuff nail(as opposed to a coke nail)? It find it works well to use the back of your pinky nail as a snuff spoon.

heheh “snuff nail” i use a big red straw from Sonic. holding the straw horizontally, i cut off about an inch worth of the top half of the straw. leaving a 1/2 of the cylinder intact. looks pretty shady, but works liek a charm. took a woping 1 minute to construct with my trusty pocket knife.

Now being from Sonic; that’s just awesome. I can picture the commercial now: “Toque Coke and Lime Toast Blast. Sonic’s got it, others don’t.”

@wolfwood thats what you would call a “Survivor Snuff Spoon” I bet it works good. I will try it next time i go to sonic! Thx

What is even shadier is when you use a shortened straw to snort up some snuff. It is fun doing that in public. Doesn’t work great with dry snuffs, but really moist and mentholated stuff works like a charm that way.

Dammnit, now I want a Limeade!

1 Like

I tend to use either a key that lying around the house, or a pocket knife i was able to sand down to be dull. Both work perfect!

A while back I bought a lot of 25 pipe nails on ebay for 5.00 hows that for a cheap snuff spoon. edm

I stole an idea from…i believe it was n9inch and use a czech pipe tool for a multipurpose snuff utensil…works awesomely!!!

Recently bent a paperclip into a pseudo-snuff-scoop and wrapped a piece of hemp twine around the handle for kicks. Works great for piling snuff into a snuff box.

I recently made this out of a really think piece of copper with files, hammers and metal snips