Favorite SP?

WOS Gold Label. An SP of sorts and very good.

WoS Grand Cairo Toque Original WoS Best SP

I ordered some toque original, SP extra, and JH wilsons sp1

What? No Grand Cairo after almost everyone suggested it? LOL, I’m sure you will be happy with your choices.

For some reason Grand Cairo doesn’t bowl me over. I’ve finished a tin of it off quite quickly, but without the greatest of pleasure (mainly to finish it off before it became stale). The name promised much for me - I was expecting something exotic and spicey. It is distinctive though, with hints of cardamom and bergamot. As for Wilsons Morlaix, it is too floral to be an SP really. I don’t think rose oil is a traditional SP ingredient.

For me it is: Wilsons Tom Buck Toque Original McChrystals SP In that order today, though my nose changes quite a bit depending on the weather it seems.

I already have grand cairo

Grand Cairo S.S. Tom Buck

My ones are: Toque Original WoS SS WoS SP100 Tom Buck Top Mill No.1 But I think they’re changing evey week :slight_smile: !

Ok, I got a tin of WoS IDHT20 as the toasted SP. I was a little disappointed. Now the snuff is good, but it’s not what I was expecting. Maybe someone can tell me if what I was thinking of even exists. I’m looking for something as soft and light as F&T HDT (in color, grind, dryness, and everything) but with the SP flavorings. I found HDT20 to be more lemony than just generally citrusy (if that even makes sense) I have SG Red and Blue crest coming as well as a few others. The search is very fun though.

You might like Sam Gawiths HDT and SP’s, they differ quite a bit from the standard flavours - see reviews on the review site. You may find just putting one part of something like Toque SP Extra into a plain HDT will get you closer to what you are looking for. But I agree, the search is half the fun!

My vote is WOS Gold Label for #1 and WOS Grande Cairo for #2

I wasn’t sure how to classify Hopfen either. Someone suggested floral so I kind of went with that in my mind. Its good tho.

1 Like

I mixed 1:1 F&T HDT and WoS HDT20 with good results. I think that maybe I will try HDT with a little SP Extra 3:1 tomorrow.

I think you are right Spyro because I think they use the flower of the hops for flavoring.

I did a 3:1 SP Extra/Dholakia Black with excellent results. Black and SP go hand in hand imo.

@Snout, Stammheimer Hopfen tastes more like an SP than floral to me. I often use it as substitute for my daily SP.

Not really sure, but I’ve been getting through a good bit of Wilsons Best SP of late.

What only 2 25g tins a day John! Lolol :wink: Stefan

I don’t snuff it all, looking at the brown dust on my desk and computer, Lol!