Favorite SP?

I tried to decide on my favourite SP and couldn’t! I like many if not most of them and all have their place in my nose.

I can’t decide either.

I don’t have enough experience to talk about having a favorite, but that genre is definitely my cup of tea, far more than florals and flavors. If it fits, I’d like to add a vote for Toque Spanish Gem.

I forgot I also like Wilsons SS, SP2, SP100, McChrystals S’nuff and SG SP No. 1 HM.

Wilsons of Sharrow Grand Cairo

WOS Best SP

My two favorites are grand cairo and pompadour by dutch windmill which is basicly a strong clove with a mild sp a really wonderfull snuff need to get more of that one soon.

Pompadour is awesome, but I am not calling it SP. What are the parameters for SP anyway? I’ve given this some thought, and for an unscented SP, I’d chose Samuel Gawith Yellow Crest, but the Blue and Red are also very nice. For a basic SP I chose either Wilson’s SS, Tom Buck, Gold Label and SP100 and Toque Original. (I have not yet had Toque SP Extra). In the running are pretty much all the other ones from all companies. I really like them all. For a complex SP, you really can’t beat Grand Cairo. For a floral SP, Wilsons Morlaix or Strasbourg. That is, if by a broad definition they can even be called SPs.

I love Morlaix, but I don’t get any floral hints in there?

I know its a secret as to what’s in it, but i get some lemon and a hint of violet. I have Royal George in my nose now, so forget tasting some for the time being. I’ll check it out later when my nose is clear. Maybe I should call it a complex SP instead. F&T Morlaix, though, is not an SP, though the scents are similar.

I forgot about Wilson of Sharrow’s SS. I haven’t spent much time with it, but first impression was really good.

W ansd H Wilson SP No 1 WoS Best SP Toque Original WoS SP 100 The exact meaning of SP has been discussed at length. As far as I am aware there is no set parameter by the industry as to what an SP is, altough most share some similar characteristics: medium grind, moisture, nicotine and bergamot/citrus like overtones over a plain base.

WOS Gold Label. An SP of sorts and very good.

WoS Grand Cairo Toque Original WoS Best SP

I ordered some toque original, SP extra, and JH wilsons sp1

What? No Grand Cairo after almost everyone suggested it? LOL, I’m sure you will be happy with your choices.

For some reason Grand Cairo doesn’t bowl me over. I’ve finished a tin of it off quite quickly, but without the greatest of pleasure (mainly to finish it off before it became stale). The name promised much for me - I was expecting something exotic and spicey. It is distinctive though, with hints of cardamom and bergamot. As for Wilsons Morlaix, it is too floral to be an SP really. I don’t think rose oil is a traditional SP ingredient.

For me it is: Wilsons Tom Buck Toque Original McChrystals SP In that order today, though my nose changes quite a bit depending on the weather it seems.

I already have grand cairo

Grand Cairo S.S. Tom Buck